just a curious question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
karabear25
just a curious question

I recently bought a creamcicle and she is the most interesting snake I own, to date. I have a BP and a RTB but my curious question is about her.

She has started going up the side of her tank and literally hanging upside down on the screen lid. Now, if she was wedging herself in the corner with her tail holding her up from the bottom like normal I wouldn't be so questioning.. But she is seriously completely on the screen lid, her entire body in the middle, and moving along the lid upside down.. my question is this..

How in the blue blazes is she doing that?!

I have never in my life seen something so funny, btw. If She does it again with the light on I will hunt down my ipod and get a video.

Kara

Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
WingedSweetheart
That's adorable! I have a climber too. Out of 5 snakes only the one loves to climb. Their belly scales help. They grip with them. When they climb up my arm it feels like little finger nails clinging to me.

How big is she? If she is a baby it's easy for her to get a grip. But as they get bigger they can't grip the screen top anymore. So if you have an adult doing that then I'm just as confused as you lol.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
Cat_Eyed_Lady
AS Ashley said, she is useing her belly scales to do that and the reason?? You said you got her recently? She is still looking for the way out!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
karabear25
She is an escape artist.. She escaped at the pet store we got her at earlier in the week and ended up in the hamster enclosure. Ate Momma and her 3 babies in one night, they found her the next morning.. she is probably a foot and a half to two feet long.. I'm not sure on her age.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
karabear25
just a note, we've had her since like 4-5 days before thanksgiving.. My post came out weird and looked like we got her earlier this week, what happened was the day before we came in and bought her, they found her in the hamster cage. Luckily, they are a mom and pop store and told us about the escape and we've prepared for it.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
WingedSweetheart
She sounds like a yearling or maybe a little younger. My yearling is a little over 2ft. My 2 year old is at 3ft exactly. But a creamscicle is a corn x rat snake hybrid and will be a little larger than the average corn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!