baby albino corn snake whats wrong ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
bonesrees
baby albino corn snake whats wrong ?

My little baby has puked up her food twice now first time last week and then again yesterday and i cant figure it out she has heat and light I thought last week she threw up because my daughter handled her 24 hours after she ate so this week i fed her Sat night and i put her up and no one touched her well i woke up this morning tues morning 48 hours later and there was her pinky still all together after 2 days so please can anyone help me out i am worried bout her !!!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Are you feeding live or frozen/thawed pinkies?

Also has she ever kept a meal down or has she regurgitated everything she's ever eaten?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
bonesrees
yes she ate a small thawed pinky and kept it down but this time it was live and bigger pinky so im guessing it was too big for her ???

Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Helenthereef
It may have been too large, as you say.

I must say right now that I am not currently keeping cornsnakes, and I hope someone with more cornsnake experience than me will chime in, but in the meantime I'll offer what I can....

My baby Fiji Boas will either refuse, or sometimes accept and then regurgitate, a food item that is too large. It has happened to me a couple of times, and then within about 12 hours (once within 10 minutes) of swallowing it. If you think it may be that, wait a day or so and try a smaller food animal.

However if it's persistent regurgitation with no obvious reason, or it's happening a long time after it feeds, I'd say it's time for a vet visit. I'd also take samples of any droppings, as it could be an intestinal parasite.

Also post as many details as you can - age of snake, feeding history, temperature and humidity in tank, anything you can think of - it will help people give better advice.

And don't panic - missing a couple of feeds won't kill her as long as she was feeding before!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Also there is a little feeding advice in this thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=99971

And I found this advice re prey size in another thread specifically on cornsnakes:

Only feed your snake once every 7 days a prey item that is the same size or a little bigger than the thickest part of your snakes body.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
bonesrees
thank you so much i will try that !!!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Do keep posting, I'd like to know how it goes, and I'm sure eventually someone else will chime in. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Any progress?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!