Should I be worried? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
zipzagger
Should I be worried?

Water started dripping pretty profusely out of either the mouth or nose of my Northern Pine Snake. I couldn't tell which, it happened so quickly. I was handling her or I would have never caught it, and it was definitely just clear water. She is healthy otherwise, and just ate yesterday. She does drink a lot of water, and is active out of the cage. She doesn't breathe funny or anything like that either.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Did you bother the snake after it has drank water? Ive had that happen where i didnt know the snake was drinking water, and there ended up being some on my hands when i was playing with her.

So long as it wasnt happening.... for an extended amount of time * like still happening now* that could have been what happened. Vet is never a bad idea if you are worried, of course.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
zipzagger
No, she just did it that one time. I warmed the room up from 75 to 80 just in case it had something to do with temperature though. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Uroboros
Alicia has a 90% probable idea. Watch it for a couple of days, if it persists, then you've got a problem, if it was just that one time, it was probably just dribbling water.

If the fluid was viscous (slimy or thick) then you could have a problem.

If it tasted like cherries or vanilla, that's definite vet time. (j/k do NOT taste it)

Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
zipzagger
Too late, that was the first thing I did!!! How do you think I knew it was water?

Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
Uroboros
You are one sick bastard! hehehehe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!