Friday the 13th CME possible - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 03-12-2015, 04:23 AM   #1
WebSlave
Friday the 13th CME possible

So if you have any strange electrical or electronics problems, this is likely the cause....

Sun Unleashes 1st Monster Solar Flare of 2015

http://news.yahoo.com/sun-unleashes-...220032533.html

Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
E.Shell
Guess I'll unhook my outdoor radio antennas to protect my HF/VHF/UHF gear, but I don't know what else there is to be done...

Any idea what time? I didn't see it at the link.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
WebSlave
No idea. Apparently the sun orbiting satellites aren't functioning well, so they don't even know for certain yet if there is even a CME headed towards Earth.

Kind of makes you wonder what those satellites watching the sun are really there for...........

Old 03-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
E.Shell
Well, no weirdnesses here today, besides the usual...

Last night, I did notice more impulse noise than I normally do on almost all of the local 2 meter (146 mHz) repeaters, but nothing on the lower (HF) frequencies. Might have been local weather, tonight they were fine.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yeah, nothing happening here neither. I think people are on their toes being wary of another Carrington Event taking place. I guess it's only a matter of time....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!