Inquiry JDV12 aka Joel Velasquez (velasquezjoel12@yahoo.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
dan thelizardman
JDV12 aka Joel Velasquez (velasquezjoel12@yahoo.com)

Waiting for resolution on a yellow ackie I purchased form Joel Velasquez. He led me to believe that the ackie was flawless (I specifically asked about injuries, and he replied 'she's beautiful'). When I received the ackie, she had a very swollen foot with damaged toes. It looks fairly recent and was not in the picture Joel sent me before my purchase. He explained that it was an old injury and is all healed, which sounds misleading to me. I have since emailed him, asking for a $50.00 price adjustment to offset vet bills or at least to amend a bad deal. At the very least, I'd like him to respond and attempt to right a wrong. I think the ackie will be ok, but it looks like an infection and I don't want to compromise her health or the health of my other ackies, so a check up may be necessaryName:  IMG_8070.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  229.9 KB.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
dan thelizardman
has anyone dealt with this guy, should I be concerned, or should I just wait?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
LauraB
Where was/is the ad?

When did you purchase and when did Joel Velasquez ship to you? Can you post the photo that was used in the ad before your purchase? Is he a Fauna member?

While it doesn't look like a recent festering, infectious mess, it is apparent by the swelling she needs medical attention and the seller may have been less than honest and not exactly a caring, concerned keeper.

Please post whatever other info you have; photos, email or texts, phone #, address he shipped from, etc.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
mrjuicy
Becareful, one of his leachies, Koghis I believe he had for sale had an extreme kinked back in the pictures but he tried to cover it with an angle.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
tru510
This guy has been trying to sell a Mt. Koghis leachianus with a spinal issues, he advertised as beautiful gecko. I would stay clear from this guy.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
dan thelizardman
here's the evidence

I will hold off on posting the chain of emails that clearly shows Joel was misleading about the injury. I will wait to see if he aims to remedy this issue.
In the mean time, here are the pics he sent me before I made the purchase. You cannot see any swelling, which means this was probably an old pic or another animal with similar appearance. I also posted the original ad.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf sold “For Sale Red ackies & ye...kies - FaunaClassifieds”.pdf (672.0 KB, 28 views)

Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
dan thelizardman
Joel Velasquez is definitely a 'Bad Guy.' He promised he would amend this issue and never got back to me. He essentially tricked me into buying an injured animal. Fortunately, I intend on providing a good life for the this ackie regardless of injuries. I'll post all the details later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!