What is a "NEW" Post? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:21 AM   #1
coyote
What is a "NEW" Post?

What determines if a post is "new". Is this a timed, ie. clocked determination or some other?

For example, say there are posts being made periodically, at different times throughout the day. Then I log on in the evening. Which of these posts will come up under the selection "new posts"? Will it be the last post in EVERY thread that had a new post that day? Or will it be only those in threads that have been posted within the last hour, 15 minutes, what?

Thank you

Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 AM   #2
Matt Haines
I believe for the most part it should be any thread in which someoneposts to and you have not currently read. So if you have read all 25 posts of a thread, and someone makes a 26th post, then it would show up as new. Although sometimes you don't even have to read a particular "new post" thread for it to disappear. I have had that happen if I check the "new posts", not read them all, and then check new posts later.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
PaulSage
Just expanding on what Matt said:

"NEW" posts are any posts made since your last visit. Votes in polls count too, which can be misleading because sometimes the last actual post was from long ago.

New posts are identified by the little tiny box on the top left of each post. An old post will be gray, and a new one will be orange.

There's also the 30 minute factor. If you close Fauna and reopen it in 29 minutes, you're still considered to be on the same "visit". However, if you wait 31+ minutes, only posts made since the last time you were online will show up.

If you click "New Posts" a list of threads that have new posts (with respect to YOUR last visit) will show up. If you click on the little arrow thingy to the left of the threads' titles, it will take you to the first new post (again, with respect to your last visit) that was made in that thread.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
coyote
Thanks.
I never took any notice of the little box or it's color. I guess I thought it was decoration; you know, like a bullet.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
Cat_72
LMAO, I never noticed the little colored box either.....glad I'm not the only one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!