Bad Guy VARNYARD...Mr.Bobby Hill - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #141
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz View Post
Found this kinda funny http://www.ripoffreport.com/pet-shop...poll-a6dc7.htm

Sorry to get off topic
Lil petie was a bunch of fun, but the little guy is a terrible liar. In fact, it was me who turned him in to Fish and Game, more than once. I was, in fact, the Vice President of the SouthWestern Herpetologists Society. I've never even been accused of smuggling or poaching, much less admitted to it repeatedly, as lil petie did. Except of course by the little, and I mean seriously SHORT, little man peter perez, you know, the guy with the stones to threaten my children, but not to my face, that little liar has accused me of all sorts of things.

As far as Bobby goes, I'm REALLY disappointed. I called him, left a message, and heard nothing. It makes me sad.

Unless I missed it, which is possible, Bobby, you OWE this guy some cash. You REALLY should make it right or explain whey you shouldn't. As far as I can see, Bobby, you're in the wrong on this one.

For you readers, I know Bobby well enough to know that my normal methods won't do any good here. He's at least as stubborn as I am and he'll just ignore it. He's also kind of justified in his dislike of this site, some folks have treated him rather poorly here.

So this will, unless Bobby chooses to come back, be my last post in this thread.

OP, sorry dude. The Bobby Hill I knew was a good guy. The guy who owes you isn't.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #142
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
For you readers, I know Bobby well enough to know that my normal methods won't do any good here. He's at least as stubborn as I am and he'll just ignore it. He's also kind of justified in his dislike of this site, some folks have treated him rather poorly here.
Oh really? How so? "This site" didn't do a thing to Bobby as far as I know. Perhaps some members did so, but maybe they had their reasons.

As far as this issue is concerned, all I heard out of Bobby sounded to me like some sort of tap dancing that didn't explain his treatment of his customer but just tried to deflect the spotlight off of him. No, he basically thumbed his nose at a paying customer, in my opinion, claiming he will just keep most of the money and to hell with him.

All in all, it's a pretty risky MO for any business to demonstrate that money sent to them by a customer may be forfeited whether or not the business can deliver the goods in a timely fashion satisfactory to the customer or not.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #143
rosebud945
After Bobby posted here, and only refunded a fraction of the money that the OP gave him, I felt the same urge to try to get Simon a tegu. If I had the money to spare, I would have offered it in a heartbeat. Simon graciously declined the offer when others suggested it, and I thought about why I, and the other people who posted felt so inclined to do this. Other people get ripped off and matters raised in this forum go unresolved, but I think what bothers me most about Simon's predicament is that he has no recourse, or none that I know of. He was more vulnerable than I would be, so Bobby's treatment of Simon seems all the more despicable. He is not in the US, so what actions can he take against Bobby? Several hundred dollars is a lot of money to lose, or at least is to me. No one should be ripped off like this, but in the US, you can file charges of fraud in cases like this. What legal actions can a buyer do who lives outside the US take if he or she gets ripped off like this? It seems to me that theft in the range of $500-$800 would justify taking legal action.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #144
Focal
Good Guys Gone Rogue!! Add another one to the list and one day someone can write an interesting book on why people throw their reputation away over pride. Maybe he's in his mid-life crisis and just wants to act like a kid again. We are suppose to be adults here Bobby

Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #145
DragonTailz
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
You mean this thread isn't Bobby's only 'epic fail'?! Care to share whatever you may know, with the rest of us?
Ok so I'm not going to do a he-said she said thing here, but from what I do know, there was some similar issues with him with last years orders, with other customers waiting a good long time for refunds (which were given after the posters blasted him). I sort of gave him the benefit of the doubt then, and said as much in those other threads. Figuring anyone could have a bad year. Being a business owner myself, I do know that there's always one disgruntled customer out of like 1000, even if you're doing everything right. But after reading the rather unprofessional reply to what I thought was a rather professional exchange by Mr. Simon, (I wouldn't be so kind if it were MY 1300 shelled out) that totally proved me incorrect and the other disgruntled people right.

Tis ok, there are other tegu breeders out there, so I will spend my money somewhere else where I don't have a bad taste in my mouth.

You never EVER treat potential customers the way Mr. Hill did here. What he doesn't realize is that many of us out here would have one day perhaps purchased from him. I lurk mostly, post my artowork occasionally, and if there's something I like, I may buy it. So yeah, he drove a potential customer away for someone with a more savory business ethic.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #146
Irish-SiMurphy
This will be my last post on this topic( unless my name or word is called into question)

I wish to sincerely thank each and every one of you for your support and helpful information in this matter.

A member here who wishes to remain anonymous has taken it upon themselves to give me $850 of their own hard earned money.. I cannot believe this unbelievable show of generosity and want to thank them so much as the money is really needed at the minute.

There really are some very good people out there and this person in particular is living proof... I wish them the very best of the IRISH luck and every success in the future.

As for Mr.Hill who should have been the one to refund me my own money i hope by the 12,000+ views to this thread you see that this is not the way to conduct business in the future.

All the best
Simon

Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #147
Fangthane
Well, I would have loved to see Bobby man-up and take care of this himself. But at least such a seemingly Good Guy, like Simon, was taken care of in the end.

Man..I'd feel about an inch tall if some anonymous benefactor decided to swoop in and clean up my mess. I guess after having sold your integrity for the bargain basement price of only $850, there's not much point in even trying to act like you still have it, eh, Bobby? Very disappointing that the petulant child mentality beat out any moral, or even business, sense that Bobby may have once had.

Quote:
A member here who wishes to remain anonymous
It's sad that it came to this, but whoever you are, I applaud you.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #148
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
There are really good people out there that enjoy the hobby and don't let the demons of business consume them. There may be limited Tegu breeders out there (which can easily make someones head grow enough to call themselves the biggest), but Bobby is pushing his way to the bottom.

I hope you get your Tegu someday Simon!!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #149
rosebud945
Quote:
As do I.

Best of luck back at you, Simon. Don't be a stranger to fauna. You are family now, mon ami.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #150
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
There are really good people out there that enjoy the hobby and don't let the demons of business consume them. There may be limited Tegu breeders out there (which can easily make someones head grow enough to call themselves the biggest), but Bobby is pushing his way to the bottom.

I hope you get your Tegu someday Simon!!
While it's abundantly obvious that this situation has driven away a fair amount of potential buyers, it's frustrating to see how many people on other forums take the 'as long as it's not me' stance when it comes to someone getting screwed over.

I suspect that there will still be numerous people who, with full knowledge of how this situation was handled by Bobby, will gleefully hand over their deposit on an unhatched egg. All the while, ignoring/condoning the distinct possibility that months and months will go by with no contact or updates once the money changed hands. As much as I hate internet shorthand, it kinda just makes me SMH.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!