Snake Getters site needs a new home, again - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
snakegetters
Snake Getters site needs a new home, again

Well, I just got a confusing notice that my site can't be hosted any more due to some weird things going on with IVRKS involving people I either don't know or haven't talked to about the situation.

Would anyone who is in the know be kind enough to give me a heads-up and a summary of the situation? And my site will need yet another new home, obviously.

This is a seriously messed-up time for me to have to be seeking a new home for the site, since I am in the process of moving and my life is absolute hell right now. I am hoping for the courtesy of an extension but not sure I'll get it, so Snake Getters might have to go down for awhile. Sorry folks.

Thanks,

Tanith

Old 01-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
Gary O
Tanith, You have a message on TRR. I am really sorry to hear this happen to you. Snakegetters is a site that must be up on the net.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
snakegetters
Looks like Snake Getters isn't losing hosting after all. Yay. This is not the best time for me to be making a web site move as well as a physical out of state move, so I'm grateful to Will for continuing to allow me the space.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Given Will's tendency to rapidly and drastically change his mind... and his apparant tendency to hold sites which he is hosting "hostage" and the absolutely insane tendency to fly off the handle over absolutely nothing because he thinks he's been insulted in some manner...

You might want to look for some new long term hosting anyway. If he's pulled the schitzo crap once claiming your site can no longer be hosted, it's really only a matter of time before it happens again. Dump his ass for some QUALITY STABLE hosting before it comes back to bite you. And back up EVERYTHING that's on Snakegetters if you haven't already, Will's a very nice guy until he decides the time has come to go completely insane and throw a tantrum.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:05 AM   #5
snakegetters
I figure that a guy who is kindly donating space and admin work for free has a perfect right to stop doing that at any time if he simply doesn't feel like continuing. It's his house; I'm only a guest in it.

Having my web site yanked out from under me was stressful and annoying, and there is certainly the possibility it may happen again if Will decides he is no longer willing to host free sites. That's just how it is when you're getting a free site. I can hardly get mad at somebody who has been kind enough to make a generous donation to Snake Getters of his space and his time. Even if he decides to stop making that donation at some point, that doesn't mean he deserves anything but gratitude for what he has already given.

It would be awfully bad manners to get mad at somebody who has been giving generously for months because he decided that he is no longer in a position to keep giving generously. So I appreciate all he's done and respect his right to do as he likes with his own server.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!