Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #151
wtaffet
I had 2 payments to bobby totaling 350 for a chacoan....never sent or communicated very well at all..I elevated the disputes with paypal to claims and they said bobby has 10 days to give his side and on the 11th day they make a judgement

well he never did anything and I received a full refund on the 11th day...call and talk to someone at paypal they are pretty cool people

so i urge people if they want their money back elevate to claims from disputes and you'll get refunded in 11 days....not immediate but better than being fully out of a lot of money

thanks guys

PM me if you have questions

Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #152
Ed Clark
Thats good to hear that paypal refunded you!

The lack of communication from Bobby Hill is a glaring example of how not to run a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtaffet View Post
I had 2 payments to bobby totaling 350 for a chacoan....never sent or communicated very well at all..I elevated the disputes with paypal to claims and they said bobby has 10 days to give his side and on the 11th day they make a judgement

well he never did anything and I received a full refund on the 11th day...call and talk to someone at paypal they are pretty cool people

Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #153
wtaffet
Yeah I was happy...for sure the way to go....if bobby does present "evidence" on his side then you can submit your stuff to...

but I even gave bobby the chance the just refund on his own accord..so I canceled the claims again never communicated that he was going to refund me and we can both go our own ways...so i then I called paypal and reissued the claims and 11 days later I had my money back...

why bobby wont do anything is because he even messaged me and said Will I am confused you reissued the claims?...I never replied and got the money back...so for sure the way to go

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #154
todeyius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Any updates?

Has anyone received the Tegus you paid for or a refund?

How about it Bobby Hill don't be afraid to come here to let us all know when you will be taking care of all these people you have wronged!
Since the last flurry of posts on this BOI, I have seen 5+ credible posters on various other tegu forums who have just given up hope after not hearing anything for so long and have purchased tegus elsewhere. They all pretty much look something like "Gave up. Bought another from XXX. If bobby does ends up sending me one then I'll have two tegus or give one to a friend."

I think since Bobby started taking 2013 deposits most people have just moved on. From the sound of it, TeguTerra picked up a lot of business from replacing non-existant varnyard stock.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #155
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by todeyius View Post
Since the last flurry of posts on this BOI, I have seen 5+ credible posters on various other tegu forums who have just given up hope after not hearing anything for so long and have purchased tegus elsewhere.
Don't be shy about directing them here to the BOI to post their stories. It may not actively help in getting their money back, but it can go a long way in helping some other potential customers decide against buying into the Varnyard scam. I believe that the fact that he's now encouraging the use of Money Grams, says it all. It's officially become a scam.

Despite what some people like to think; an appreciable number of whom likely brought their woes here on themselves, or have no actual experience here to back up their ideas, the BOI is here as a positive tool to serve the reptile community. It amounts to so much more than the sometimes necessary "bickering" that some choose to focus on.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #156
Snake-Queen
I see he is no longer accepting Paypal. I only use Paypal, until something better comes along. Unless it is someone I have dealt with before or trust explicablly.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #157
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Don't be shy about directing them here to the BOI to post their stories. It may not actively help in getting their money back, but it can go a long way in helping some other potential customers decide against buying into the Varnyard scam. I believe that the fact that he's now encouraging the use of Money Grams, says it all. It's officially become a scam.
He's asking for a money gram knowing there is no recourse for the sender, he is clearly by passing paypal.

It is a good idea for all that were wronged to report it in this thread, if your reading and don't have an account please register and tell your experience with Bobby Hill.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #158
Lucille
In addition, every state has a consumer fraud division usually through the DA. There are online complaint forms that can be completed.
Sometimes, if there is one small incident there may not be an investigation, but if there are many complaints, that can bring action. So for the sake of your fellow herpers if you have not received your tegu, please consider initiating a complaint form. It is free.
If anyone would like to complete a form but is having problems locating the one for their state online please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #159
andrewg132
I have still yet to receive an email from him. Even the ones that had my address change updates in them. With my browsing in other forums, I haven't seen anyone who has gotten theirs. Just a few All Americans supposedly shipped out, which is weird, since I am waiting for an All American still. Would be nice to get the $350.00 back by this Saturday. Could buy a tegu at the Sacramento convention with it. Oh well, I hope others are getting some kind of response from Bobby

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #160
Focal
Speaking of responses, has bobby even made an attempt to apologize to any of his customers for not coming through? Any kind of remorse?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard