Question on weight? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
dan1234
Question on weight?

Lately, I have noticed that my beardie has gotten skinny. So I started feeding him more, collared greens, meal worms, and crickets. He was getting fat, real fat. Then out of nowhere he goes to the bathroom back to back like 3 times and hes skinny again. It's like everything I feed him goes right through him and he doesnt gain an ounce. My lizard is almost a year old and hes just long and skinny. So I need some suggestions on how to bulk him up.

Thanks

Old 05-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #2
Phil LaCroix
Waxworms, superworms, and pinkies.
That should fatten him up. Everyone says that they are high in fat, so it might work.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
HerpAddict
I am no beardie expert, just to let you know ahead of time, I just have suggestions from other herp experience. Have you had him vet checked at all, it could be some sort of internal parasite or something along those lines.

Just trying to help,

Amanda Heaton

Old 05-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
rujonesin
I would get him checked out. It's possible he's got a problem like coccidia. Are his stool runny? A beardie 1 year old should have no problems gaining weight. Just throwing high fat foods at him isn't going to fix the problem. What kinds of greens are you feeding? Supplementation?

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!