A few words about the impending membership level change. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
WebSlave
A few words about the impending membership level change.

First off, someone getting a yearly membership does not give them a "get out of jail free" card here. You can still be suspended and fined, and you will still get warning points. If you pay a $250 membership fee and get suspended and fined, you STILL owe the fine. If you choose not to pay it, you do NOT get your membership fee back. Your clock will still be running while you are suspended.

Secondly, I suspect there will be a dramatic increase in messages that SHOULD be in the BOI, or classified ads posted in discussion forums in order to bypass the paid membership restriction for posting in those sections. Whereas in the past, such threads were just moved to the correct forum whenever possible, that will end. Such threads will simply be deleted and the person posting them assessed appropriate warning points.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
DAND
Fyi

Rich,

The link from the contributor's medallion to the contributor's page isn't linked like it was before.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Rich,

The link from the contributor's medallion to the contributor's page isn't linked like it was before.
Aw heck. The original icon was a custom hack before the latest upgrade, which included that link. This newer one is something that can be done internally within this software, but the linking capability is not there. Soooo, looks like I need my programmer to implement another custom hack for this part of it.........

Old 02-17-2005, 07:12 AM   #4
Chris@TSE
After the switch, what will be the default level for those who have already contributed towards membership and how will this be determined. I am not sure if this has been addressed, Im sure it has and I'm just blind

Old 02-17-2005, 07:37 AM   #5
MGReptiles
Wondering that myself....

Old 02-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
WebSlave
I am planning on upgrading everyone who is now a contributor to the Benefactor level. The only problem is that I'm not sure about an easy way to do this without just doing it manually for each member

I had planned on upgrading everyone to the Endowment level, but when I got that hare brained idea to tag free website hosting along with it, that would be a real problem for me to honor for free. And there really isn't that much of a difference between the two highest levels except the status symbol. But tell you what, if EVERYONE, not just MOST people agree to not hold me to the free hosting, I will be glad to upgrade you all to the Endowment level instead.

If I had had a crystal ball that worked, I would have seen that I really should have made up another special category and called it the Charter Members. But heck, I can't think of everything.....

Old 02-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
Chris@TSE
Well we're already set on hosting, so you need not worry about us hitting you up for the included hosting. Too bad I can't speak for everyone....

Old 02-17-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
Wilomn
OK, shameless plug and aquiesessence(?).

I do not have www.calkings.com up and running as yet BUT when I do I'll not hold you to hosting it for free.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
DAND
I won't hold you to hosting. If I need it I'll pay you for it.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
But tell you what, if EVERYONE, not just MOST people agree to not hold me to the free hosting, I will be glad to upgrade you all to the Endowment level instead.
I hereby state that I will not hold you to the free web hosting if you give me red coins.

AND... if everyone does not agree to this for you, if you upgrade me manually, I hereby state that not only will I not hold you to the free web hosting, but I will step up my existing policy of emailing interesting people on kingsnake privately and telling them about fauna.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!