Bad Guy John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com SCAM - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #71
LauraB
Lol, I guess the scammers will never learn. Yeah, send more than the actual cost, to "keep in favor".

Old 09-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #72
Gargoyle Queen
This lovely individual (Matthew John/John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com) emailed me 8 days ago with the typical 'what is the final asking price' inquiry. I handled the inquiry like I do all inquiries and requested that they fill out my purchase questionnaire (where relevant information such as name, shipping address, phone number, enclosure size, diet, etc is filled out). They never acknowledged that request and the emails continued every couple days. After 6 requests for the questionnaire filled out, a cashiers check arrived in my PO Box (today). They had emailed me the following this morning:

"I just got a confirmation from USPS that you will get payment on today.This is urgent and I need your. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, please follow my instruction go ahead and have it deposited via ATM machine or on line mobile deposit or at your bank the funds will be available for you asap deduct your money for the item and extra $150 for the hassle i will send you details where you need to have my balance sent to."

The check 'looks' relatively legitimate upon first glance, except for the fact that the paper is regular printer paper thickness/quality. I contacted the bank (which is my normal protocol) that was listed to verify the check and after giving the serial number and account number listed, they said it was not a valid check.

I was suspicious early on, but always try to understand that not all of my customers have perfect English, grammar, and maybe aren't very 'tech savvy'. I used to check potential customers on fauna, but that tapered off over the years as customers weren't listed or were known with good reputations. I should have checked here first upon initial suspicion just so my time wasn't wasted.

The check was sent through USPS Priority 3-day mail from Hialeah, FL 33015, but the address listed was: Laurel Jones, 519 E Short St, Dale, IN 47523. The bank they 'used' was Navy Federal Credit Union. IP address was 209.85.220.41, which tags back Mountain View, CA and Ashburn, VA.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #73
Jan Post
I had exactly the same scam from John Wilson. But I had decided fairly soon he was a scammer and told him by e-mail that there was no deal (we never agreed on a price as he never sent me the zip code for shipping costs) and that I did not accept checks, only Paypal. Still I got the same e-mail about overpay. When the check arrived today in the mail I brought the envelope unopened to the post office marked "Rejected". See what, if anything he comes up with now.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #74
geckoejon
I was contacted by this individual for some geckos, offered an extra $50, and wanted to send a cashiers check... flags went up...

I had him address it to the Chief Investigator at the Orlando Police Department and send it to the OPD PO box I might have failed to mention that it was "Officer" Anzueto ;-) lol

I sent the OPD an email with the received emails and attempted scam. I'm hoping they can do something across state lines... wondering if it's someone in Africa or something... anyway, here are some of the emails...

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I will wait to read from you with the reference number and amount sent after the transfer charges

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:10 PM, john wilson <adamsbraown67@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is the details you will have my balance sent to via wall mart to wall mart transfer

RECEIVER'S NAME :FREDRICK TAYLOR
CITY : SPRINGFIELD
STATE : OR
ZIP CODE :97403

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:09 PM, john wilson <adamsbraown67@gmail.com> wrote:
I am happy you have gotten payment. . I have fired my assistant as a result of this. Please go ahead and get it deposited via your ATM or on line mobile deposited , deduct your payment you can keep $150 for your hassle and send my balance via wall mart to wall mart transfer to the details i have provided you with..I will wait to read from you.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:08 PM, john wilson <adamsbraown67@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you deposited the payment?

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Jonathan Pickerl wrote:
I'll have Robert check the mail. I'm sure it's there...

What is your shipping address?

How much is it over?

How should I send the overpayment to you?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2017, at 7:56 PM, john wilson <adamsbraown67@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello please i want you to know that the payment has already been delivered to you

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Jonathan Pickerl wrote:
Ok. Let me know how much and where to send it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2017, at 9:30 AM, john wilson <adamsbraown67@gmail.com> wrote:

I just got a confirmation from USPS that you will get payment on today.This is urgent and I need your. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, please follow my instruction go ahead and have it deposited via ATM machine or on line mobile deposit or at your bank the funds will be available for you asap deduct your money for the item and extra $150 for the hassle i will send you details where you need to have my balance sent to."

Old 05-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #75
Bryan1901
He messaged me with this same email, but he used the alias David Phillip.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #76
Robert Walker
At it again today. Several of you would have received a barrage of Private Messages from:

Account: fred09
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...919&vmid=35194
dj4real101@yahoo.co.uk
Fred wilson

Account has been banned

Old 08-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #77
Robert Walker
2nd attempt today:
Account: wilsonm09
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...921&vmid=35195

companionavplayt@gmail.com
Adams wilson

Old 09-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #78
jsinhardcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Got an inquiry for some Pygmy Mulga Monitors I'm selling from this email a few hours ago.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #79
GraystoneReptiles
Looks like his name is Greg Wilson now. I just received the "Urgent" message this morning. I finally got his name and looks like all the messages I received are similar to what everyone here has gotten. Here is our conversation so far.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #80
GraystoneReptiles
They got a little out of order, sorry about that.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!