A little help with genetics? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
Mile_High_Dragons
A little help with genetics?

Hey everyone! I have a question! What morph are these babies?
Male was a Hypo/Clear nail het trans and the female is a pastel.

Dad:

Mom:

Babies:

Thanks everyone!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
westcoastdragons
Your female, aside from looking extremely young dose not have clear nails (at least that is how it appears in the pics), which one would see in a true pastel. Without any additional info on their bloodlines, I would call the normals, normal and any with colour, whatever colour they show. Personally I would not advertise them even as "Possible" trans or hypo hets. But that’s just me.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Mile_High_Dragons
Thanks! I really appreciate the info. So she has the color and pattern of a pastel then? Thank you!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Beardiefreak26
pastel is just a normal hypo with no special color changes

Old 05-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Beardiefreak26
i would call them color + het hypo poss het trans

Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
angie.h
Hi Zechariah.....the male dragon looks robust and healthy, and is really a great looking dragon. The babies are cute as can be, like all babies are, and very pretty! I would like to mention that they look just a bit dehydrated, I wonder if you spray them daily ? It's good to spray them twice a day, keeps them hydrated, or give a very shallow bath. The poor mother looks very thin, it would probably be good to feed her several meals a day to get some weight on her, provide lots of calcium, too.....and keep her from being bred again. Egg -laying sure takes a toll on them, and the females need huge amounts of food.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #7
Mile_High_Dragons
Thanks for all the great info Angie! I have been getting a lot of flak on that female. But, I have been feeding here a ton and offering the occasional pinkie for a quick boost of protein. I got her as an adult as a rescue so I think she might be having a hard time gaining weight for some reason. I do have her separated for this reason.
As for the babies, I spray them 2 or 3 times daily and they get soaked every other day so they are definitely not dehydrated. For some reason this clutch has been dropping like flies and I think it has to do with Mom and some issues she may have. I started out with 14 and am now down to 6 which has never happened before. They are getting the same care as every other clutch I have raised. And they are still dying. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Because I have another clutch now that is thriving! I just dont get it.
Thanks again for all the AWESOME input! I really do appreciate it!

Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #8
Mile_High_Dragons
Oh, and the female is 3 years old Rik. (forgot to answer that before)

Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
angie.h
Hi Zechariah....you're welcome. Yes, I thought that the babies have a " not doung well" look about them. It really goes back to the mother, you mentioned that she was a rescue, and so she had issues before, no doubt, and in that thin condition, she will not gain any weight if bred, as a matter of fact if she is bred again I honestly think she that could be the end of her. Even if she is done laying [ you know she can lay more than one clutch from one mating] she will have a hard time putting on weight, her legs and neck show how thin she is. She needs several feedings a day, hornworms can put weight back on, and even though I don't use pinkies, she could probably use them several times a week along with her usual insects, plus greens. Try to imagine the amount of food and nutrients that are diverted from her body to develop all those eggs. A female needs far more food than the male, a male can get a little thin during the mating season, but not the female.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
angie.h
Ooooops !! I'm sorry, it's Zachary, not Zechariah...got mixed up because of the other respondent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon, bearded dragon babies., genetics