Bug Closet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
Lucille
Bug Closet

The room I use to house the critters has a small closet and I think, this weekend, I am going to turn it into a bug closet.
I am looking into getting some divided plastic bins to hold superworms so that they pupate and turn into bugs and provide me with more superworms, and I have seven 10 gallon aquariums I am going to put bran in and turn into mealworm farms.

I will still order bugs from the Bug Co. but raising a few of my own will help defray expenses a little.

I'm SO glad this forum is here and I can actually talk about the bug closet, if I mentioned my bug farm at some lawyer party, no tellin' WHAT they would think.....

Old 11-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
Cat_72
You should have seen the look I got at work the other night, when totally without thinking, I mentioned that I had accidentally dropped my newly arrived and opened box of crickets when I was trying to put them into their Sterilite, and a bunch of them got loose...

I don't think I'll be having company for awhile, LMAO!!!

It was fun watching the cat hunt them down and eat them though.......heh.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
Lucille
I was reading in the superworm thread how the superworms need to be solo to pupate. I was looking at a site that had surplus office equipment and have just bought (will pick them up tomorrow) 25 plastic filing boxes that are 2' x 1' and subdivided into 8 compartments around 5" square so I can raise 200 bugs to maturity at a time. You shoulda heard the **long** pause when I told the guy what I was going to use them for.......

Old 11-19-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
tanias16
Yeah, I was watching Harry Potter last night and one scene they have a container with worms crawling out and the girl next to me says "Ew1'
And I turn to my husband and say "Look, superworms."
And he says "yeah, our closet looks like that."

Old 11-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #5
YJHB
HAHHAHAAHA, Tania
Yeah, I have the same problem...I've learned to refer to my roaches as "beetles"...

Old 11-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
Mari
LOL...
I saw Harry Potter last night too..
So I turn to the boyfriend and tell him the exact same thing...he looks at me like "oh my god..."

But it's ok...he knows he loves me

Of course, later he was able to use it as an addition to our discussion of how I am a nerd...
Just because I know the book by memory and pointed out all the differences between book and movie in the car ride home lol

But you will never hear me admit it. Nerd, Who me? never...

Old 11-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
tanias16
Well I think I can deny the harry potter nerd factor, I like the movies, but I never would have gone on opening night if it wasn't for our trailer. It is playing in front of Harry Potter at select theatres. Unfortunately, it didn't even end up playing at the one I was at lol.
Here's a shameless plug, its called The Ant Bully. Check it out

Old 11-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #8
Mari
come on...you know you want to join us nerds...lol . No..I'm not really a nerd, But I do read a lot...and I do read a bit of YA Fiction, including the famous harry potter... I like books, and am a bit obsessed there with all the animals, but that's as far as it goes..

I wouldn't necessarily have gone on opening night either, it just happened to be convenient for my bf's and my schedule...12:15 AM on Friday night. yep...working 3 to 11 doesn't really help

Old 11-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You should have seen the look I got at work the other night, when totally without thinking, I mentioned that I had accidentally dropped my newly arrived and opened box of crickets when I was trying to put them into their Sterilite, and a bunch of them got loose...

I don't think I'll be having company for awhile, LMAO!!!

It was fun watching the cat hunt them down and eat them though.......heh.
Yikes!! How many didja lose?

Old 11-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
I went with raising supers this summer and actualyl forgot about the worms I had seperated and they sat for a while, when I remembered them thre were a few bettles but most had died out. I will when I am more able to keep track of time try them again lol

The mealies, I can't stop from breeding which was good this summer since the heat caused several DOA arrivals on mealies, I had my own to get me through the worst of the heat and shipping problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!