What would you do? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
akaangela
What would you do?

Ok I am in a pickle. I got my roommate a pair of taiwanese Beauty snakes about 4 years ago. It was with the understanding that HE take care of them and handle them (as they need more handling than a ball python to be tame).

Well I feed them like he wants me to (which is not nearly as often as I think they should be fed) and they are by no means skinny. However my problem is two fold.
First he doesn't handle them and they are MEAN, ok maybe mean is not the right word. They are very nippy. They bite me every time I try and do something with them. Also he houses them together. Again, they are his snakes so I don't tell him what to do. The problem comes when I (yes I am the one that has to feed them) feed them. I have to take one out and every bloody time I get bitten. Today one bit the other one. It let go and no serious harm was done to the snake but of course I got bit trying to get them apart. They are so reactive that they will bite a paper towel holder (you know the cardboard thing the paper towels are wrapped around) I am seriously feed up with them. Yes they are nice to look at but HECK to work with. I also have to clean their cage and again have to deal with them. My biggest fear is that they breed. I got a male and female and so far they show no interest in making any babies (thank GOD). What is your advice?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
Jdog3131
If this was me I would tell your roommate that you will take them and keep them for yourself because what i understand is that you have done everything to them and such they are your snakes if he can't maintain them.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
D. Mong
I would tell the lazy roommate to get off his sorry arse and maintain them like they deserve, or sell them to someone that will. You shouldn't have to be stuck babysitting his snakes. It is just lucky for the snakes that he isn't responsible for maintaining them, because he certainly ISN'T!. Tell him to grow up and get responsible or you will have to sell them to a better home. Tell him to take up figurines in a curio cabinet that he can just look at and don't need any care.

~Doug

Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
D. Mong
Oh!,..BTW, and if you end up selling them, he shouldn't get the money either, YOU should. It doesn't sound like he ever did anything except saying they are his if someone asked.

~Doug

Old 08-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
telefrag
Personally, I would separate them permanently, they may be stressing each other out, which could be part of their nippiness.

Do you have a snake hook? that would probably really help you out a lot if you don't want to get nailed every time you have to work with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!