No monitor posts? Any reason? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2002, 11:20 PM   #11
Iguanachic
We keep savannahs,dumerils,mangroves and whitethroats.All are wonderful creatures some mre skittish and cranky then others(mangrove)I personally think the best monitor to breed is the ackie.Very high success rate.On the babies or adults question,it all depends on your reason on getting involved,merely to make a profit or to learn and experience things along the way.Neither are wrong but I did a little of both.I prefer to start with babies.Merry Christmas guys!!!!

Seanna McCarthy

Old 12-24-2002, 02:52 AM   #12
Jeff Favelle

Faunaclassifieds and ssnakess are not even the same type of site. They are clearly different entities that revolve around one common thread, and that's reptiles. But the similarities end there. Faunaclassifieds is concerned with online classifieds and background checks. THAT'S it! There is more husbandry info about reptiles in Teen People than there is here. And that's fine, that's not what this site was intended for. But my constant search for knowledge and discussions about my passion (reptiles) knows no boundaries so that's why I put out the invite to discussion . I care not where it takes place though. Cheers.

As for me, I'm into ackies, kimberlies, storr's, and eventually prasnius.

The eggs were from ackies and were laid on Wednesday.

Thanks for talking! See you around!!

Old 01-09-2003, 01:01 PM   #13
Tony
I hope we can turn this forum into a good place to have monitor talk. Kingsnakes has turned into the same old questions about savannahs over and over. We breed argus, waters, freckleds, and ackies. I want to work with mangroves also, but my male is to big! Here is a pic.

Tony Alles
www.reptileguru.com
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #14
BEN SPARKS
Hi Tony,

Hows the borneo waters doing? Dont suppose you have a eta
on those eggs?

Also, could you post a pict of the enclosure(s) for your adult waters?

We are working on a layout for a animal addition that will be attached to the new house we are going to build. I had factured in a corner of the animal room being dedicated to a water(or waters). As I have it right now it would be 12'x12' area with a 6'x8 pool/waterfall in the corner. This would leave 96sqft of space outside the pool. In your opinion would this be adequate for just
one or would 2 waters live comfortably in this space we have planned?

Good luck with the breeding and God Bless
Ben@C.R.C
Christian Reptile Center
Tahlequah, OK

Old 01-09-2003, 06:18 PM   #15
Tony
That would be more than adequate for 2 waters. We have 1 six foot male living in a 8'X6'X10' with a 8'X2'X2' water area and a 8' X4'X2' land area. The land is filled with soil the entire 2' so he can also burrow. The entire back wall is rock and ledges so he can climb to the very top and rest under the lights. I don't have any pics right now. Sorry. And the eggs are still doing good. We have 4 left. They should be hatching in 3-4 more months. Thanks.

Tony Alles
www.reptileguru.com

Old 01-09-2003, 06:31 PM   #16
Iguanachic
Hi guys.I have to disagree.Its not Kingsnakes fault about all of the savannah posts.Savannahs are an inexpensive monitor that almost everyone who has monitors started with at one time.I still have my 3.But I also keep whitethroats,dumerils and mangroves.But there are still times I will go on and ask about my savannahs because their health is just as important to me.I doesnt matter if it cost $20.00 or $200.00,if you have a love of monitors you should care for each species.Thanks Take care guys

Old 01-09-2003, 08:32 PM   #17
Tony
I am not saying that savannahs are bad, just most of the questions. It gets repetitive when people ask the same questions over and over. I don't even want to count how many times people ask "What type of bedding should I use for my savannah?" And if they would have looked 10 posts down they would have seen the answer. I just used savannahs as an example.
Sorry for not explaining myself.

Tony Alles
www.reptileguru.com

Old 01-10-2003, 09:28 AM   #18
BEN SPARKS
Thanks for info Tony.

In reguards to the sav. discussion , I think on every varanid classified section (whether it be here on fauna, or kingsnake, etc..) and at the top of every monitor forum there should be an extensive care sheet in BOLD LETTERS etc... If some one ask the
"basics" then direct them to the care sheet or say nothing at all.

I think one thing that must be kept in mind at all times is that alot
of these people, kids, etc.. are our monitors future. The more people are welcomed into the varanid community the better off we are!!!!!

God Bless
Ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!