No monitor posts? Any reason? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
Jeff Favelle
No monitor posts? Any reason?

Obviously the k i n g s n a k e forum is a joke, surely somewhere else would pick up the slack. Varanus.net rules and is awesome, but some newbies might be overwhelmed. I'd have thought that monitor discussion would be rampant in the States. Shame its not. They are great lizards for those that have progressed past Leos and Beardies 10+ years ago.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #2
ian
Thumbs up

Thanks Jeff for the website info varanus.net theres lots of good info. there and that site brought me to goannas.net its not as good but good info to.

Old 12-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
Jeff Favelle

Cool man. I'll check out the goannas site as well!

Old 12-17-2002, 01:30 PM   #4
ian
Nice pic Jeff. What monitors do you breed. The only ones I did were savannas and niles. But hopefully with these web sites I can chose a good one to start with. The only thing I did not like about varanus.net was the fourms how it said this is not for newbies they should go to kingsnake I think that sucks are they to good to answer basic questions If anything they should want so called newbies there so they don't end up hurting or killing a monitor. I work at a pet store so I know what its like to answer a lot of basic qustions but I need to so what ever they have gets the best care. Please let me know if you come across anyother good sites.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:01 PM   #5
Jeff Favelle
I agree.....

Varanus is NOT for newbies, and rightly so. There is a TON of info out there on monitors and people should learn to walk before they run. Varanus is for those who already know how to run, bu want to run better and faster!

The monitor discussions on this site are often useful, you should check them out:

http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=57

As for me, I've just started out with dwarf aussie monitors and I'm working to my ultimate goal of a several groups of prasinus and beccarii . My main hobby is boas and pythons.

See you around man, nice chatting with you!

Old 12-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #6
Uffern
Hmmmmm

I'd like to point out to everyone that this is a calculated, shameless plug for sSNAKESs. Jeff Favelle is a moderator for sSNAKESs, and this is tantamount to poaching other fourms for email addresses in an effort to spam and attract new users. (another thing that sSNAKESs has done before)

The manner in which he tries to show himself as just another monitor enthusiast who is looking for some info, then finds "the best place" is misleading and insulting.

Take this info as you will.

Old 12-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #7
Jeff Favelle

Fine then, let's hold the monitor discussions here. Don't come to ssnakess.com. I don't care. I have no money or anything involved in the site. I want to talk monitors. Kingsnake is a joke, and I already frequent varanus.net (the BEST monitor spot on the planet), but I'd like to get some more discussions going. That's all. Take a pill, guy. Are you sure you're not American? maybe you should carry a gun around if you're so paranoid?

Monitors laid on Wednesday, with more on the way!

Old 12-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #8
ian
Thumbs up

Another nice PIC. what kind of monitors are they from? You gonna sell me some nice cheap babies LOL. As far as you posting that web site I see no problem with it. Uffern if this bothers you go on to ssnakes and in a post slide in faunas address. I could be way off here or not know the whole story but I don't see the harm besides I've been on that site and fauna is way better! no offence meant Jeff. Let me see some more pics!

Old 12-23-2002, 09:20 PM   #9
Uffern
HA HA! I am an American, and I do carry a gun around. And just because I am paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And Ian, you are right. There is no harm in it. All kinds of sites are mentioned on this board.

And you are both right. *pill taken* It is not important enough to get pissy over. I'm sure there won't be a mass exodus from ssnakess to here, but I am thinking of getting into monitors, and I will do my part.

My apologies to all.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:48 PM   #10
ian
Wink

No need for apologies you spoke what was on you mind so don't worrie about it. So what kind of monitors are you thinking about getting? I want to get into some type of monitors for breeding but i'm not to sure wich yet and i'm not to sure if I should get babies and grow them out for breeding or find adults.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!