Bad Guy Anthony Capenetto - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
dman2047
Anthony Capenetto

Man oh man what is the deal with this guy? I'm very much into this hobby (crested's) and I'm always checking sites for there availability. So pretty much I know a lot about what breeders have and don't have. Well anyway I check Acreptiles.com on a daily basis and uncovered some mistakes or he does this on purpose, I'm going with on purpose because as a business owner you better bring your a game bar none.

So in the past with this guy not returning my emails or answering my questions and having friends of mine with the same problems I have no sympathy for him on what I'm about to tell everyone.

First is in the Unsexed section of his website he has a gecko for sale under the ID number ID 0609-AC-U11 This geckos picture was up on his site a couple of months ago and now its back up again hmmmm. And yes the earlier gecko was SOLD mind you. If I could go back I would be able to prove this for sure. But with my next issue with this guy, you won't have doubt believing this one.

Second you go into his Gecko Packs w/Pics section and look under ID 0509-AC-PK2. On here is a picture with all three geckos in one picture that clearly states that these are not examples. These are the exact geckos you will recieve. Not True again. If you look at the bottom gecko, out of the three pictures there are two different geckos.

Third looking into the Gecko Packs w/Pics look up ID 0509-AC-PK3 this time he has the same gecko that is listed in PK2 in PK3 as well.

So do I hate this guy....no. But from what I've heard from my friends and then discovering things like this, It sure doesn't want to make me do business with this guy for sure.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
dman2047
I will also add because I for got to is that I emailed him twice over a eight day period and never heard from him and the site was never changed.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
KelliH
Is this a joke? Anthony has some of the nicest geckos in the business. It sounds like you are pissed because your emails didn't get answered so you decided to come here and pull something out of your posterior and call him a bad guy. Or maybe he did make a mistake or two on his website with the images. Either way it's ridiculous to come here and post that Anthony is a "bad guy".

Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman2047 View Post
I will also add because I for got to is that I emailed him twice over a eight day period and never heard from him and the site was never changed.
Wow, twice over an eight day period! Did you ever stop to think that the guy might be out of town? Maybe he had some family issues? Who the heck knows but to come here and WHINE because you didn't get a return email is just... stupid.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #5
Abby
Yea, this is stupid. It is easy to mix pictures up, especially when you have so many geckos that look slightly similar and you are a busy person. Unless you've been seriously ripped off, there is no need to post.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #6
dman2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Wow, twice over an eight day period! Did you ever stop to think that the guy might be out of town? Maybe he had some family issues? Who the heck knows but to come here and WHINE because you didn't get a return email is just... stupid.

No not whining because he didnt answer me back. Just stating facts. I'm not saying he isnt a great guy, I'm sure he his. I just find it wrong to have that many issues with photos on a website and the fact that if you were to buy either package or that single one mentioned you wouldn't recieve what is pictured. I'm just looking out for people who spend mucho bucks with this guy get what they damn pay for. Where not talking $30.00 dollar geckos here.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #7
Twizted Paths
What, if any, is the actual business transaction that occurred between the two of you?

None of that third party my friends stuff either.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
dman2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
What, if any, is the actual business transaction that occurred between the two of you?

None of that third party my friends stuff either.
I have no personal transaction with him. I've been wanting to purchase geckos from him for sometime. I emailed him about a couple of gargs a few months ago and never heard from him. Then I noticed things not adding up on his site, and hearing opinions. Nobody has come out with any negative claims about him except lack of communication. Either way I tried to let him know about it and never heard anything from him. The fact is if you buy either one of those that is not what you will get based on what he is telling you on the site.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #9
dman2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
And yes eight days is a joke are frickin kidding me...It's a damn business for heavens sake. Tell you what have your car break down and then have the dealer call you back eight days later, or better yet not call you at all.Your killing me.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #10
Twizted Paths
Until you receive an animal and it is not the exact one you choose it is not a fact. As previously stated, just because you breed does not make you immune to simple human error.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!