Inquiry Alana Cohen AKA SnakeMami - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Azemiops
Alana Cohen AKA SnakeMami

Alright, so here's the dealio. I posted an ad for my hypo all python, and Alanna replied back to me, wanting me to ship the ball python to Jacksonville Florida, not too far away from me. However, I made a stupid shipping error, cancelled the shipment, and was able to appoint a new shipment to her liking. I PM'd her and even left a message on her phone assuring her that everything was worked out, but for the last three days I've gotten no reply back at all, and my paypal is still empty. I'm shipping the snake today, but am uneasy about this. This is my first time shipping, by the way.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Iraqvet
I would make sure you talk to her first,just for conformation about shipping times and money terms and such..If you say she isnt to far,you could always meet up..But being the seller,you should always get your $$ before sending the snake...

Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Matt2979
Definitely take James' advice on this one and NEVER ship before you get paid!! I would say that the only exception would be someone you know VERY well, or maybe someone that you've done several good transactions in the past...but sometimes, even those deals can go south.

And NEVER ship without knowing if the person will be home to accept the delivery or the animal could sit on the porch all day (or for several days) and perish in the box. I just had someone do that to me. Fortunately, I was home so all turned out well, but I can promise that I'll never buy from that person again!

Good luck!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
snakemansnakes
I too agree dont ship it out first, But hopefully to put your mind at ease, She will come through with it. I've dealt with her a couple times and have had nothing but the best experience with her. Just keep calling that is the best way to get ahold of her.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
ben sassaman
Danielle, I just texted her concerning this and she should get ahold of you shortly.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
snakemami
danielle, I called you back over the weekend and am still waiting for a call. I asked you to confirm fedex or ups shipping and asked you to call me since you planned to ship monday for a wednesday delivery date which wasn't acceptable. At this point I am still waiting for your call back since you said your phone wasn't working properly. Until we work out the shipping details to both of our satisfactions please don't ship and that should put your mind at ease. Based on everyone I've ever dealt with, I think I have a positive reputation but I think you and I sgill have some safety issues with shipping we haven't finalized, especially since you said you have never shipped before. I'm looking forward to your call.
alanna

Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
TailsWithScales
If you two aren't that far apart why not meet half way and save on shipping??? I'm sure gas is much cheaper then shipping and less stress on the animal AND sender.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
ozz465
I still cant understand why people ship b4 getting paid in full.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
snakemami
I have again called her and am waiting on a call back. To clarify I never asked, wanted, or expected her to ship before getting payment. I wasn't happy with the fact that she wanted to ship on Monday for Wednesday delivery and asked that we speak to rectify this and complete the tansaction. I got a call at 10pm on Friday night and alled back at 9am Saturday morning and have yet to get a phone call back. I even inquired about meeting halfway Saturday morning to pick him up but that has gone unanswered as well, making me seriously question the validity of the transaction.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemami View Post
I have again called her and am waiting on a call back. To clarify I never asked, wanted, or expected her to ship before getting payment. I wasn't happy with the fact that she wanted to ship on Monday for Wednesday delivery and asked that we speak to rectify this and complete the tansaction. I got a call at 10pm on Friday night and alled back at 9am Saturday morning and have yet to get a phone call back. I even inquired about meeting halfway Saturday morning to pick him up but that has gone unanswered as well, making me seriously question the validity of the transaction.

If it makes you feel any better, what you just said is pretty much what I got from the OP...that she was just going to ship based you mentioning that you wanted to buy, but with no follow-up conversation. I really just thought that she might be a little overzealous in her wanting to make a first sale, but I had no idea that she was thinking of shipping via a TWO DAY shipment!!

Good luck to both of you, but if you have ANY doubts about your transaction....well, you know what the safest thing to do is!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!