It looks like I created this account 9 years ago and never introduced myself. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-20-2023, 12:11 AM   #1
Smite
It looks like I created this account 9 years ago and never introduced myself.

I used FC to buy several boas from my original small group I kept around 2005-2014 (I'm guessing I forgot my username ect and set up this account when I had to sell said collection). Not geared towards breeding at all, but just collected what I liked. Hypos, Harlequin, Kahl albinos were primarily what drew my attention. Well life kicked into overdrive with work, getting married, starting a business and having kiddos during that time and I made the decision to sell off my collection for financial reasons.

My daughter showed interested in reptiles recently (2021). I took her to my local reptile shop and guided her towards the boas they had. She held one and was hooked. We made an agreement that she needed to do research on natural habitat and husbandry of BCI. She did and I purchased our first boa for here for XMas 2021.

She was dubbed Pinky by my then 7 year old due to her high levels of pink as a yearling. She's a '21 RC Pastel Hypo Pos Jungle, 66% het Kahl from his DD RC/Kahl litter. Purchased directly from Richard. This was a hypoxhypo so she could potentially be super hypo, I believe.
Watching her develop over the last 2 years has be pretty cool. At a little over 2 years old she's only gotten better with time and seeing that has gotten me pretty obsessed with pastel lines.
Pink 11.2023-2 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

Well my daughter had a boa, so I figured I should get myself a boa? Makes sense, right?
I picked up a '21 Hypo Motley het Kahl female. It seemed like the breeder, Maestro Exotics, mostly works with BP. I loved this ones somewhat intact pattern, even with the hypo in the mix. He was kind enough to supply pictures of the parents and both looked like quality to me. The sire had high pink speckling, a super kahl sunglow and momma was a super bold, dark Motley. I decided to pull the trigger. She's gone through quite the color change with me and might be one of my favorites to date due to that. Specifically in her dark phase she gets purples and pinks throughout.
Sometime in 2022
Jade.good by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr
More recent, in her darker phase. Girls got purple on her sides when she's dark like this
OCT boas-04 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr
Outdoors displaying her brick red saddles and medium rare sides
Dude_Jade-3 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr
Dude_Jade-4 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

Anyways, from there it was on and I've been obsessed and loving keeping boas again. I'll share a few more pictures now but using a 3rd party side for photos is taking up some time.

Next I got a '22 RC Pastel Jungle. He's got some great color but very bold outlined pattern, I believe from the Jungle. His side medallions are not as washed out as some of my other pastels and he does have some speckling to him. I believe he still meets the pastel requirements but maybe he's RC line. Either way, I feel like his gonna make some killer looking albinos when I breed him back to Pinky or Lucy, who I'll add next.
OCT boas-10 by Matthew Schueneman, on FlickrOCT boas-11 by Matthew Schueneman, on FlickrOCT boas-12 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

Lucy a '21 RC Pastel Kahl Albino. Littermate to my daughter's boa, Pinky posted above. Richard release this girl later in 2022 so I jumped on her. Nice red saddles, her heads really starting to light up over 2 years in and she's got what looks like a nice pink airbrush down her back I just can't capture in a picture. His holdbacks are pretty wild from this litter. I hope to make some killer animals, minus the hypo between my '22 Dude, and this Female Lucy a couple years down the line. Amy_Pinky 11_17_2023-05 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr
.Amy_Pinky 11_17_2023-06 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

At this moment, I've decided to keep this post Kahl based

I love this girl. Like an idiot, I actually asked if a zero was missing when I saw it posted by BoaMorph. Her coloration tripped me out for not being listed as hypo. Her Laddertail is intact with a pretty bold black outline, so I believe she's not. '20 RLT het anery type 1, 66% het Kahl (GS line coral). Named Terra, short for Terracotta. Acropora9_30.2-18 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

Old 11-20-2023, 12:38 AM   #2
Smite
Got cut off due to image count

Well my last two Kahl strain animals got cut off.

'23 male KRP Sunglow Arabesque. Produced by Jay, at Arabesque and More. This boy has a great amount of pink to him so young. I love that bold pattern too. I was impressed with the het versions he had, I never really thought of arabesque as a colorful morph until I saw those. KRP ARAB 11_2023-4 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr
KRP ARAB 11_2023-2 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

My most recent addition; '22 Kubsch Squaretail female from KarmaKritters here on FC. I've been on a hunt for a real deal squaretail for some time. I couldn't be happier with this girl. She's 66% het albino to boot. Not confirmed Kahl, but believed to be so. This girls color is straight up amazing. Photo a day after shed, but she gets pretty dang red. I'll include a older picture. Salmon tones to her but no hypo in the mix. Love that ladder tail and interconnecting saddles down the back. Dubbed Amy Whinehouse for her eye markings
Amy_Pinky 11_17_2023-03 by Matthew Schueneman, on FlickrKubsch Squaretail-1 by Matthew Schueneman, on FlickrAmy_Pinky 11_17_2023-01 by Matthew Schueneman, on Flickr

I'll got some pastels I'll share here soon and a couple VPI too. I love keeping boa constictors and seeing pictures of them so I figured I'd share for those that enjoy that too. Most of my collection is still very young. I do plan to breed some of these down the line, on a hobbyist level for my own experience/enjoyment.

Thanks,

Matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!