Allapattah Flats / Reptile City - BAD Guys. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #21
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlepimp
Again,for the record,Felton Willis has no affiliation with Al Weinberg or Allapattah Flats Turtle Preserve other than Felton beat Al to the punch with AllapattahFlats.com.
That's not the impression I got from the allapattahflats.com website:

Quote:
AllpattahFlats.com sponsored by ReptileCity.com
Allappatha Flats Turtle Preservation is a turtle farm owned and operated by Jackie and Al Weinberg located in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Imagine caring for over 6000 turtle’s weather you want to or not.
On the website it also says that Felton worked for the Weinbergs. That's at least some affiliation. Regardless of what the whole shenanigans is though, I'm just glad to be done with it.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #22
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Just rhetorical complaining on my part, but I am almost to the point where I would recommend avoiding any business whose first internet business function is to grab a copy-cat name.
Ditto!

Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #23
turtlepimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
That's not the impression I got from the allapattahflats.com website:

On the website it also says that Felton worked for the Weinbergs. That's at least some affiliation. Regardless of what the whole shenanigans is though, I'm just glad to be done with it.
Sorry for the delay guys,a little procrastination and Hurricane Wilma sets you back a few weeks.We just got power back after two weeks.

Paul,what it boils down to is this:

Weinberg owns the turtle farm,which for many years was South Florida Reptile Exchange.It is ten acres,about 20 ponds,and 6-7 thousand turtles.Feltons deal is that he was going to buy the property and turtles to make a "tourist attraction".He never secured the funding and could not meet Al's terms or price.End of story.However,this has never reflected on any of Felton's websites.

In fact,Al was at my auto repair shop a few months ago,and I just had to bring up Feltons webby to show him the news,and ask for a loan(the selling price was over a million)

Although Al thought the announced sale of his property was hillarious,he really did not care what Felton posted.Al pretty much keeps to himself and has his hands full with the turtles.He still sells turtles to Felton when his bill is paid up.

Felton was leasing a barn from Al to run Reptile City out of,but that is no longer either.

So to make it clear,Felton owns the AllapattahFlats.com domain,Al owns Allapattah Flats Turtle Preserve,a property dedicated to breeding some of the worlds endagered turtles,and is largely funded by the sale of viable offspring.

Andrew Sury

Old 11-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #24
SnakesUnlimited
To further Andy's point

I showed up at Al's front gate unannounced wanting to buy some animals that I had heard he had and Al had neither the patience nor time of day for me. Aside from my bruised ego (LOL) I don't blame him one bit. I was there for a couple hundred dollars of animals and he was there to take care of his animals. He seems to take care of his animals and not worry about much else. He did give me a number to call and set up a time to come back when he was not busy. Though it sounds kind of rude it is nice to see someone who cares about the animals more than the money. To see someone else take advantage of that is not that surprising. I would like to say if you do see him at Daytona he does seem to be a good guy.

Jason Hood

Old 01-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #25
hitoll
i just wanted to ad my dealing with nina and felton.

i was told there both married.

my order with them

i called there number and felton answered. i had never ordered online before. i asked if i pay by cc when will the order go out. he said today or tommorow. i was impressed. so i did an order for a few hundred dollars.
for 2 weeks i called them everyday. asking did the order go out?
always got nina or felton. they says yes it did.

well each day for two week my feeling were hurt. no reptiles. they lied to me.

one day the post office won't do thre order cause they were over there quota
another is wasn't al ready
yet another day not everything is in the same location
few days they were gone cause someone died.
i also heard about child custody battle and i made nina cry on the phone.
i really don't care about any of this stuff at all.

my concern was i asked when i payed with my cc when will it go out. i called and asked . "today or tommoroew" 2 weeks later i freaked out on them. over the phone.
perhaps i should feel bad that i made nina cry? well i was hurt they lied to me for two weeks. the order has never been completely satifised. as there was only some items sent.

for one yr i had email and phone chats with them. then i gave up on the remaining balance and sick animals they sent me.
really nice for my first order on line. made me shy away from others. glad to see its just nina and felton and not the entire community

i know this is old thread. but i feel i can get my hurt out on this order. ty

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!