Good Guy Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #61
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
So, are you also willing to write off any number of other names - big and small - that have had IBD in their collection at some time in the past? Think hard about your answer, because some of the biggest and best known names in boas are on that list, as well as some well appreciated members here.
This isn't a defense of Allen, or an attack on anybody else...just pointing out that if the broad stroke is being used, it covers a lot.
Very true and I agree.

And thank you.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #62
Slipmattic
My point with that statement was that he INTENTIONALLY sold animals that had IBD. I know that IBD happens, it's a horrible thing that happens. And even myself have delt with it in my own collection, and it killed all the other snakes because at that time i had no idea what it was. Not only that i had no clue about this site, a friend told me about it. That is my point, at some point everyone deals with some type of complications with their animals big or small. But when you intentionally pawn those animals off on other people, is wrong.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #63
DM1975
The reason why I took the chance is that he has had positive posts on him, and the negative posts seem to me to have been more aimed at defamation by a certain few individuals. Also, a good friend of mine has been buying from him for years with no problems at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
This is what I cannot understand. Why someone would even consider dealing with someone with questionable and or troubled past deals? Why would someone even consider putting his or her hard earned money into the hands of someone like that? Why would anyone support someone like that either? To save a few bucks is the only answer I can and have seen. Gambling is what I would call it but for someone who wants to save a buck gambling doesn't sound like an intelligent thing to do. It may pay off once in a while but the law of averages is against you. Of course when it all goes wrong and it bites you in the ass you'll be back here whining that you got screwed. See you soon.....

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #64
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1975 View Post
The reason why I took the chance is that he has had positive posts on him, and the negative posts seem to me to have been more aimed at defamation by a certain few individuals. Also, a good friend of mine has been buying from him for years with no problems at all.
Guess you'll think twice about those certain few individuals negative posts in the future.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #65
DM1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Guess you'll think twice about those certain few individuals negative posts in the future.
You just do not give up with it do you?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #66
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1975 View Post
You just do not give up with it do you?
I guess you don't understand so I guess I may as well.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #67
Get Sum
You do have a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
allen has posted it on his ads many times he is finished with the snake business.

The pictures were taken by Bryon Adzic when he worked for allen in his filthy breeding operation. I believe Bryon to be an honest and trust worthy person and I completely believe him or I would not use his pics. so no you have proven nothing other than you are a fool that has been duped by allen belcher.
I stand corrected, Both you Ed and Harold are correct in your replies. I admit to taking this thread a little to far and beyond my own personal concerns. I should have stopped after my first initial post which clearly stated the point i wanted to share. My appologies to both of you. Sometimes It takes a stronger man to admit when they were wrong. Your personal issues with Allen really do not and should not concern me.

However, Dand- I really think it is time to stop with your wise cracks and leave this one alone.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #68
DM1975
Just wanted to update this. The Champaign is healthy and growing like a weed. Again, I am very happy with my purchase.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #69
David Reid
From my point of view, anyone that buys from Allen is contributing to a guy who has a very shady past, and does not seem to care about the animals he sells. Whether or not he has/had a diseased collection, is anyones guess, but I like to play it safe. Which means, people that have purchased from Allen, will be on my do not buy list just the same as Allen himself. I just won't take a chance on infecting my collection to save a buck and keep someone like that is business.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!