Allen Belcher / BigDaddy's Wholesale (Good Experience) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
SPJ
Who cares if they are real hets or not?
Why would you even want to take a chance and buy from this guy?
Spend a little more and buy from someone else.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
Hey,
Sorry about that. They are supposed to be het O. Ghost, not visuals.
I was not very fond of the HoneyBee and asked Allen if he had or could get those same Morphs only het for Axanthic instead of O.Ghost. If he were selling false hets, it seems to me he would have told me he had or could get them for X-amount more money/animals and then sent the same snakes that I received anyway. Maybe he's not the professional scam artist he gets credit for.
I would like to see some actual customers post good/bad feedback from their dealings with Allen. If someone bought hets from him that did or did not prove out that would be a good post.
Thanks,
Rob Kelly

I'm not taking a shot at Alan here, because i don't know much about him. I just want to point out that a professional scam artist will try to rip you off so you won't notice it, whereas a dumb crook will make it obvious. They all get found out, but some put in a bit more thought.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
Bill362
I have never bought any snakes off him. I did order a 3.7 group of asf rats. They all arrived dead due to shipper error. I called Allen. He told me he to email pics and said that he was out of females right now but would refund money or I could wait aprox. 3 weeks ad he would replace them. I was hesatant but I wanted the rats so I said I would wait. Within 1 month I had a new healthy group. I would deal with him again.

Bill

Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #14
big daddy's wholesal
Rob thanks for the good post. Also thanks to Bill for the reply as well. As for the negative feedback requarding hets, I have a great het guarantee that only a handful of other breeders even come close too. It works like this, If you buy a het from me and it does not prove for you I keep pics on discs of the hets and I will compare the pics of the snake you have to the pics of the snake I have and if valide I will then breed the snake with a visual to prove or disprove the snake. If it proves you get pics and your snake back. If it does not prove you get an adult visual in place of a het that did not prove. I ASK ANY OF YOU TO FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS BOUGHT A BAD HET FROM ME! I have been a victum of buying bad hets but never a cause. I brokered a deal for a guy once on some hets that did not prove out. I also was the middleman between the two gentlemen to see a resolve met over the bad hets.
As offered before on this site. Call and make your appointment for your tour of my facilities. Quit letting your brothers next door neighbors momas second husbands neices boyfriends story play so hard on your opinion of me. Instead come see for yourself!
For appointment call Allen Belcher 706-615-4772
We have made many changes in the past couple of years. We have stopped importing in snakes. We don't buy or carry any lower end or Petshop specialty items anymore. All we do is Ball pythons, Retics, Burmese, Boas, collubrids and tortoises. We very rarely do shows anymore. I have several other venders, wholesalers and breeders that purchase snakes from me that I am fortunate enough to stay at home with my family and not have to do the show circuit alot. I also consider that a huge blessing to be able to do that. I pride myself in providing a great product at the best price available. If you only knew the list of Venders, wholesalers and breeders who were customers of mine you would be shocked and in awe.
Rob thanks again for the thread and best wish for your family and all your endevers. Bill thanks for being patient and understanding for me to replace your order that was handled poorly in shipping.
Allen Belcher 706-615-4772

Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
I have a great het guarantee that only a handful of other breeders even come close too.
See, the thing about guarantees is.....they are only as good as the person offering them. I have to know that I can trust that person, and that they will still be around 3 years from now to actually honor that guarantee. Actually, for me to buy hets.....I have to be able to trust that person enough to know that I will never have to call them on that guarantee.

Once a person has lied about one thing......I can't call them trustworthy. There are plenty of other folks out there with the same animals that I KNOW are trustworthy, if I have to spend a few dollars more to buy from someone I know I can trust, and that has healthy, quality animals, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
If you only knew the list of Venders, wholesalers and breeders who were customers of mine you would be shocked and in awe.
No....I really wouldn't. I could care less. What awes me is not selling mass quantities of animals, or who you know. I find beautiful, healthy animals raised by people who truly love and take pride in raising their animals, and care about the animals themselves, not just the almighty dollar, awe inspiring.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 AM   #16
Pink Lady Exotics
Sorry, but after seeing pictures of the horrid conditions that Allen's animals were kept and housed in, I would never EVER buy a single animal from him...they were just plain filthy and foul and inhumane. I don't know how anyone can just ignore that and make a purchase anyway...

Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #17
RJK890
What a resource

Ok,
We have four pages of off topic posts. This thread is not about false hets or who you would or would not buy hets from. In fact it is not about hets at all. If you would not purchase a het or even a visual morph from Allen, then don't. If Allen were selling false hets there would probably be a "false het bad guy thread" posted. If you have purchased a het that did or did not prove out for you please feel free to post a reply to this thread. If not your opinion is useless in this thread.
This thread is also not about good/bad husbandry. If you feel the animals at BigDaddy's facility are maintained in poor conditions and should not be purchased, then don't buy them. However, there are many health issues that would result from poor husbandry. Has anybody purchased animals with these issues? I can say from experience that I have received 30 Ball Pythons from him that are perfectly healthy and thriving after 4 months.(For the super sleuths that may pick up on this, Allen did miscount the female normals and gave me one extra.)
Again, If you have ever received a snake from Allen Belcher/BigDaddy's Wholesale please post a reply about you transaction. If not...
Thanks,
Rob Kelly

Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #18
Jim O
Quote:
Ok,
We have four pages of off topic posts. This thread is not about false hets or who you would or would not buy hets from. In fact it is not about hets at all. If you would not purchase a het or even a visual morph from Allen, then don't. If Allen were selling false hets there would probably be a "false het bad guy thread" posted. If you have purchased a het that did or did not prove out for you please feel free to post a reply to this thread. If not your opinion is useless in this thread.
This thread is also not about good/bad husbandry. If you feel the animals at BigDaddy's facility are maintained in poor conditions and should not be purchased, then don't buy them. However, there are many health issues that would result from poor husbandry. Has anybody purchased animals with these issues? I can say from experience that I have received 30 Ball Pythons from him that are perfectly healthy and thriving after 4 months.(For the super sleuths that may pick up on this, Allen did miscount the female normals and gave me one extra.)
Again, If you have ever received a snake from Allen Belcher/BigDaddy's Wholesale please post a reply about you transaction. If not...
Thanks,
Rob Kelly
Rob,

I was wondering who died and made you king around here. People are free to post what they want about Allen in any thread about Allen, so long as it pertains to his reptile business. If you don't like that then it's too bad, but continuing to rail against it is only sure to bring more of it. You were the one who opened the door, and your posts just keep propping it open.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #19
DThomas
Quote:
Ok,
Thanks,
Rob Kelly
Excuse me, but this is not how the BOI works or what it is for. Everyone is free to post their opinion about anyone or any transaction. Having had a transaction with someone is not a condition to post on the BOI. You have no right to continually tell everyone to stop doing it.

You don't like the heat? You should not have posted this thread. You knew Alan's reputation and decided to deal with him anyways. Now you are just going to have to suck it up and deal with the consequences.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
Wilomn
I wonder if not doing shows anymore has anything to do with other breeders telling promoters that they were not comfortable being in the same room with someone who has been proven to have IBD go through his snakes.

You may well have changed. Great. The fact is you had to change from worse than bad. The fact is you were one of the most uncaring and irresponsible keepers in the business.

The fact is, you may still have IBD in your animals. The fact is, anyone who offers a guarentee on hets like yours, one that states IF a het doesn't prove out, is not sure that he is selling hets. IF you were sure you were selling hets, there would be no need to offer a guarentee where you, after "valide" them as coming from you, breed them to a visual TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

IF you're sure you're selling hets, nothing more need be said. Unless, of course, you've sold some that were NOT hets or that you were not sure were hets.

Your cages may be clean allen, but your reputation stinks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!