Bad Guy Allen Both - Reptile Kingdom - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #71
JudyC
While it may be true that many businesses of all natures carry some debt...such debt is almost always incurred at the AGREEMENT of BOTH parties BEFORE the deal is ever consummated. One party agrees to open a line of credit for the business in question and a specific payment schedule is worked out and expected to be adhered to.

Good businessmen don't repeatedly accept product with the promise to pay knowing full well they don't have the funds to pay at that time. Floating your funds from one risky deal to the next is NOT good business. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of "businessmen" out there that don't do that very thing...but that is hardly a standard anyone should hold themselves up to.

Just throwin' that out there....

Old 05-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #72
sandboaguy
Alan Both (GREAT GUY)

I've been dealing with Alan for around 15 years now. I have never had a problem with any animals that I've baught from him, wc or cb. He is somewhat local to me so I have been to his facility on a few occasions. His facility is kept very clean and ran very well. Besides Alan, his main reptile caretaker guy is probably more knowledgable then most people in this hobby. He has worked in a zoo for aver 25 years and was the main photographer for reptiles magazine and the man keeps the facility running top notch. I have many times in the past and will for sure in the future, continue to deal with Alan(Reptile Kingdom) without hesitation. If you are thinking about doing business with Alan I wouldn't hesitate. If you need a reference on doing business with Alan I'd be more then happy to share my buying experiences with him anytime.
Mark Wittenburg
732-688-5770

Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #73
Patrick@ColorfulCreatures
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileKIngdom View Post
Patrick, i am not trying to not pay you, but 10 were for the other guy and he said the big ones were too small and the price was crazy, those are not my words, but what i was told by another very large dealer, that probably owes a lot of people money too. That is the half i was going to send you right away because on the phone he comitted to me he would take them and i actually did intend on sending you the full payment right away, but for one reason or another, bounced check or what not, that did not happen. There is no arguement about paying you here, you will get paid.

Also, i am fully aware of all of my animals condition and health and we can for our animals better than any other wholesaler out there, that is a fact.
No, Allen you were supposed to have the half to send to me and get the other half from your friend at the show the following weekend

Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #74
ok. Let's do that. $1200 shipped. How can we work payment. Like I said cash it tight so I have to get half from my friend I am gonna split them with. I would like to get them before the weekend because I will see him at the show on SundAy

let me know

Allen
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #75
Send me your shipping info and I'll double check when I'm shipping and verify how many I'm sending upon my inspection a minute ago I can only find 18 but I was sure there were 20. So if there happens to actually be 20 it'll be $1200 or $1000 for 18 for the miscount. Also as far as payment if you would send half upon receiving the shipment and the other half after you run into your friend this weekend.

That would work out fine. I appreciate that. Thursday for Friday would be good. Here is the shipping info

Reptile kingdom
616 Montgomery Ave
Toms river. Nj. 08757

Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #76
So if you had sent the half you said you would we wouldn't be here right now discussing this I was more than willing to work things out for the other half, hell I ended up giving you 20 for $850 SHIPPED just so we could close the deal and move on. And whoever this wholesaler is he's a moron as well, being that I sell them a 6 weeks at this price to a local wholesaler.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #77
One more thing you never answered my question, how many do you still have?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #78
Ben2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
I realize you are upset but it really isn't necessary to act like a 13 year old; the profanity and name calling aren't casting a favorable light on you or your situation...
I probably keep my animals cleaner and in better health than a lot of people out there. To have someone like Allen Both suggest otherwise really offends me.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #79
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2112 View Post
I probably keep my animals cleaner and in better health than a lot of people out there. To have someone like Allen Both suggest otherwise really offends me.
Ben, you are entitled to be offended however, you should be offended and still act like an adult. The verbal assault that you are trying to utilize will almost certainly get you nowhere in this day and age.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #80
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboaguy View Post
I've been dealing with Alan for around 15 years now. I have never had a problem with any animals that I've baught from him, wc or cb. He is somewhat local to me so I have been to his facility on a few occasions. His facility is kept very clean and ran very well. Besides Alan, his main reptile caretaker guy is probably more knowledgable then most people in this hobby. He has worked in a zoo for aver 25 years and was the main photographer for reptiles magazine and the man keeps the facility running top notch. I have many times in the past and will for sure in the future, continue to deal with Alan(Reptile Kingdom) without hesitation. If you are thinking about doing business with Alan I wouldn't hesitate. If you need a reference on doing business with Alan I'd be more then happy to share my buying experiences with him anytime.
Mark Wittenburg
732-688-5770
Mark does your dealings with Allen also include selling animals to him and being paid on time? Or, if you do sell animals to him, do you get the NET30-90 treatment or the bounced checks as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
reptile kingdom