Good Guy Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #31
Get Sum
I wish you could too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Jason, oh studier of feces, I wish I could post your pm here but your choice of language in it prohibits me from doing so. It would be great to show how a supporter of Big Daddy's Wholesale acts where others can't see which is usually a true version of that person. I certainly wouldn't want someone of your caliber supporting me but your choice of whom you are supporting certainly seems to be a perfect match.
How I act, lets see- Do I call people names...No, I was trying to be the more mature person on this one by bringing my response, since it was directed to you and only you to a PM. Did I take your spark away from your audience? I'm not supporting anyone on here in this post. I was simply describing my past few experiences with Allen and how well they went. I do not consider Allen a friend because we have never personally met. Regarding the Pictures, I was voicing my opinion on those. I am entitled to do that, aren't I. There are (2) sides to every story. All I'm trying to say is that- Yes, there is a possibility that those photos were staged, there is also a possibility they are real. The factual information in those photos is that the urates and fecal matter in those bins do not match-up to the size of the snakes that are in those bins- It doesn't take a crapologist to figure that one out. The question is: If an employee was really mad and wanted to get back at their boss for some unknown reason, Is it possible that the employee could have taken a bunch of snakes and placed them in the nastiest tub he /she could find and then take some pictures. Point of the matter, the answer is Yes, anything is possible. What does not make since to me is that; Why would an employee take a picture like that? To prove to everyone that he/she didn't know how to do their job and clean out bins or that the employee themself practices poor husbandry habits. All I'm saying is that those pictures would carry alot more clout if they were taken from a visitor of his facility opposed to an ex-employee that left their job on bad terms with their boss. I'm sure the intelligent folks reading this entire thread have received enough positive information in order to make the decision as to what is truly going on here. (Three separate individuals describing positive transactions with Allen Belcher Vs. A bunch of immature name calling, jokes and slander) I have not read a single negative response from someone who has actually purchased from Allen on this thread.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #32
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
What does not make since to me is that; Why would an employee take a picture like that?
Numerous pictures were taken, it would be a safe bet the pics were taken to show how allens snakes were living in piles of their own waste and under the filthiest conditions possible.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #33
critical bill
Quote:
How I act, lets see- Do I call people names...No, I was trying to be the more mature person on this one by bringing my response,
That's sort of true but its not entirely. Lets see -You did make a veiled threat toward me once and you antagonized a moderator by calling him a rent-a-cop when he warned you for doing so. Some people might think such behavior is worse than silly name calling.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=318

So maybe you don't actually call people names, but you certainly don't act as mature as you've convinced yourself you have around here or would like us to believe.

Deuce out....I mean peace out.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #34
Get Sum
Correct you are!

Chuck- You are correct, You and I have agreed to disagree on I believe several different post in the past. I was hoping that was all behind us by now. Sometimes in life it is better to forget the past and move on. People change in life, Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. I don't know Allen's past history as well as some of you on here. My history and experience with him dates back to a little less then 2 years ago. Will you atleast agree with me that Allen's negative feedback primarily was an issue over 2 years ago? I myself have not seen or heard of any recent Negative feedback posted about Allen Belcher. If I am correct about that, then It would appear that he is currently running a decent business now.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #35
Ed Clark
Quote:
I myself have not seen or heard of any recent Negative feedback posted about Allen Belcher. If I am correct about that, then It would appear that he is currently running a decent business now.
What allen is running is his going out of business sales that have been going on for over a year now.

The latest one was a "I need money sale"

Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #36
critical bill
Quote:
Chuck- You are correct, You and I have agreed to disagree on I believe several different post in the past. I was hoping that was all behind us by now. Sometimes in life it is better to forget the past and move on. People change in life, Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. I don't know Allen's past history as well as some of you on here. My history and experience with him dates back to a little less then 2 years ago. Will you atleast agree with me that Allen's negative feedback primarily was an issue over 2 years ago? I myself have not seen or heard of any recent Negative feedback posted about Allen Belcher. If I am correct about that, then It would appear that he is currently running a decent business now.
Everything you said is true, I was just pointing a minor thing or two out.

To answer your question about Allen....

I have always been of the opinion that the easiest way to predict the future is to simply look at the past. I'm very excited for Allen or anyone that can get their act together and be prosperous. However, there were some issues 2 years ago that Allen directly avoided addressing, and that made people very displeased with Allen and are some still annoyed to this very day. The issue of IBD seemed to be a big joke to him but not to many others. And then throw in those photos and it sort of paints a very negative picture of the kind of business man Allen could be and how he cares for animals in his charge. So that's where it is for some folks.

Personally, I think he should stay the course. Allen has to be happy with Allen. He is not going to get forgiveness from a lot people for some past things. The best he can do is to try his hardest everyday to believe in himself. He has to believe he has made every sincere effort to right any of his wrongs. Because if he doesn't or doesn't think its worth it...all those bad things in the past are going to creep back and keep on haunting him every business day of his life.

And please understand what I'm saying and don't take it the wrong way, but anyone who knows that they are going to be visited can clean up and make their place look marvelous. I have stopped in on few facilities only to be turned away with various excuses as to why I could not enter. Some of them I imagine were legit but some I suspect were because things were a bit messy. There is no shame in being busy and trying your damned hardest to keep up with the work in front of you. Real people with family and jobs and commitments don't need any excuses because they can relate and understand - probably even offer to roll up their sleeves and help out for cold soda or beer. Its only when you lie about it or make lame excuses for it that it becomes shameful and wrong.

And in closing...I have seen with my own two eyes some really really bad things in this hobby. Not that I think what I've seen in those photos is a spectacular sight, but it is far away from the actual things I've seen. Would I have used such material on this thread just to burn Allen's ass and kick dirt in the faces of his happy customers? No. Its so old already.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
DM1975
Wow, I underestimated the childishness here.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #38
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
What allen is running is his going out of business sales that have been going on for over a year now.

The latest one was a "I need money sale"
Business's do that all the time Ed. Because you think its wrong doesn't mean it is wrong. If its a sales scheme that is working for Allen and increasing his sales, god bless. Perhaps you're just upset because you weren't clever enough to think of it yourself.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #39
ThunderPaws
Well DM1975,

If you read everything in this thread that everyone else has read, you may come to the conclusion that people have not said bad things about Allen as a person. Like I said I have talked with him twice back in 2007 and 2008 and he came off as a nice courteous person. The only childish things I have read and would like to read are coming from the Allen has gotten his act together fan club. And everyone else is just reminding the others here on the BOI on how Allen got this reputation. Again, you wrote the thread and now you want to insult the people writing posts that are against what you believe. Again, enjoy your new snake, I am sure it is very pretty and you enjoy it for years to come.

Bill R.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #40
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Business's do that all the time Ed. Because you think its wrong doesn't mean it is wrong. If its a sales scheme that is working for Allen and increasing his sales, god bless. Perhaps you're just upset because you weren't clever enough to think of it yourself.
No not upset at all, don't think its wrong him leaving this business or the way he words his ads, he is selling off all his breeders and you can smell the desperation in his advertising. he is finished in the reptile business for sure. anyone spending money with him on high end snakes will find him gone when they start having problems with what they have purchased.

Quote:
10/19/09 huge list and I NEED MONEY! BIG DADDY'S WHOLESALE SMITHS ALABAMA SHIP NATIONWIDE

10/19/09 Breeder stuff that remains MAKE ME AN OFFER THEY GOTTA GO! BIG DADDY'S WHOLESALE SMITHS ALABAMA SHIP NATIONWIDE

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!