Bad Guy Allen Both - Reptile Kingdom - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #31
edsclassifieds58
If I recall when I contacted the Toms River Zoning Dept. I was told
the 616 Montgomery Ave address (the address I was given to ship to)
was not commercially zoned. Go to Google Earth and enter 616 Montgomery
Ave, Toms River, New Jersey, 08757 and it will take you to a house with a
two cars in the driveway, a swimming pool, and a nice looking patio.
It's been over a year since last I spoke with the zoning dept. If I'm wrong
about this I'm sorry......but not as sorry as you're going to be if you keep
defending and dealing with this guy. This might be the type of guy who eventually
seriously hurts someone and (after the fact) people say.....gee all the warning signs
were there. How come no one did anything? If you notice; most of the good posts
about this guy were date far in the past. It appears to be a progessive downward
spiral over years. If you want to defend this guy go ahead.....you deserve him.
Remember there are 3 types of people in this world......Victims, Potential Victims, and
Criminals. Which one do you want to be? If he has a problem with what I post about him
tell him to come and see me.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsclassifieds58 View Post
If I recall when I contacted the Toms River Zoning Dept. I was told
the 616 Montgomery Ave address (the address I was given to ship to)
was not commercially zoned. Go to Google Earth and enter 616 Montgomery
Ave, Toms River, New Jersey, 08757 and it will take you to a house with a
two cars in the driveway, a swimming pool, and a nice looking patio.
It's been over a year since last I spoke with the zoning dept. If I'm wrong
about this I'm sorry
No, that is a residential address alright. I was specifically talking about the Hooper Ave. address listed on his website. That goes to a strip mall in a shopping district. That is all I said.

Quote:
.but not as sorry as you're going to be
Are you threatening me Ed? If so I hope you can back it up. I hate being teased
Quote:
if you keep
defending and dealing with this guy.
For the record Ed, I was hired at my present job in March of 1997, and it was at least a month or two prior that Allen and I went in different directions. I have not had any contact with him or even heard his name until this thread popped up. I am not "dealing" with him, and I stated early on I am not defending him either. He should pay his debts promptly, and should have cash on hand for his orders, not relying on new deals to pay past ones. His business model sounds like a Ponzi scheme to my un-educated eye.

Quote:
This might be the type of guy who eventually
seriously hurts someone
Were you partaking of the New Years punch when you wrote this?

It is quite obvious that Allen's business model sucks, and that he is very slow to pay his debts. I am not sure how you get from that to your line? Please enlighten me. That is not an idle request Ed, that is a serious allegation there that Allen might be dangerous. Post your evidence or retract your rhetoric.

Quote:
If you notice; most of the good posts
about this guy were date far in the past. It appears to be a progessive downward
spiral over years.
Yep, he was scattered and unorganized but honest when I knew him, and since then those qualities appear to have been allowed to fester into a never ending trial of debts and bill collectors. I can not disagree, and have even stated something similar in this thread.

Quote:
If you want to defend this guy go ahead.....you deserve him.
Remember there are 3 types of people in this world......Victims, Potential Victims, and
Criminals. Which one do you want to be? If he has a problem with what I post about him
tell him to come and see me.
I disagree Ed, with billions of individuals in this world, there is a whole bunch more than 3 types of people.

As for if I deserve Allen, or might deserve him...I would rather deal with bad business types than people who think it is cool to post like some sort of tough guy on Internet forums.

Put up or shut up Ed. I have no interest in stroking your mouse balls...

Old 01-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #33
edsclassifieds58
First of all let me explains something. Allen Both is a lier. Period.
I took care of Allen by sending him extra stuff including some
wood in a seperate shipment that he may or may not have sold....to help him out.
I didn't care.
As for you being specific about his addressd....all you said; if I recall, was he was in
a commercial zone. I never dealt with him at that address. I knew nothing about
about a shop in a commercial area. Never. So; you weren't specific...you didn't say
this address or that address. As for --- but not as sorry as you're going to be ---
how do you take that as a threat? You're reading more into this. I don't see what you're
talking about? Maybe; to be more specific, I should have said---you may be sorry ---if you deal with him. However;
from what I'm reading it sounds like you're the one doing the challenging. ????? ---
"For the record Ed, I was hired at my present job in March of 1997"--- What are you talking about....I'm talking about Allen....what are you talking about? There is nothing to retract.
I said he MIGHT be the type to hurt someone. Get it; MIGHT. I never drink, smoke, or do
drugs. Ok; you agreed on the old good posts. And you agreed that he's gone down hill.
Where do you get it that I'm a tough guy and making tough guy posts. I'm addressing Allen
Both. Where you come into this is beyond me. You knock my posts and at the same time you (in most cases)agree with me. I didnt bother Allen Booth until I read all the bad posts about the guy. Then I attempted to do something about it. I contacted the zoning dept.
All of a sudden you're jumping on me! I tried to help other people. My dealings with
Allen Both were finished. I had no axe to grind. Now I get this kind of response.
I don't normally look into Fauna Classifieds. I have most people contact me via e-mail
because I don't have the time to look everywhere. I collect and sell wild herps.
I sent Allen Both his first shipment C.O.D. FedEx. FedEx for some reason gave the shipment
to the US Post Office to deliver (according to Allen Both). The first check (only check) I received from Allen Both bounced. I heard all the storys/excuses. As for my "mouse nuts"
here's my e-mail address...
ebnagel@hotmail.com
and phone # 1 575 4571
Edward B. Nagelmeyer
622 W. Spruce St. #8
Deming, New Mexico 88030
Better to e-mail me as I'm often out of range for cell.

Oh; by the way, I tried to help people out by posting something about FedEx on ks.com
and was threatened with expulsion. I voluntarily expelled myself. Like FedEx I don't carry
contracts around in my back pocket. I'll be in Las Cruces all day today you may be able to
reach me by phone in that area. Give me a call; we'll talk.

ED

Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsclassifieds58 View Post
As for you being specific about his addressd....all you said; if I recall, was he was in
a commercial zone. I never dealt with him at that address. I knew nothing about
about a shop in a commercial area. Never. So; you weren't specific...you didn't say
this address or that address.
For crying out load Ed, my entire post on the subject was one freaking sentence...here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
Just an FYI the Hooper Ave. address on his website IS in a commercial zone.
I don't see how that is not specific enough for you

"you'll be sorry" is a classic American threat. Ordinarily what you wrote I would have taken as a prediction that one day Allen would screw me too, but since you had to add "tell him to come see me" at the end, I took it differently.

And I guessed correctly as well. You are from New Mexico, both Allen and I are from New Jersey...couple thousand miles away. But sure, after 13 + years of not talking to him, I will be sure to send him your way

Old 01-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
edsclassifieds58
Lighten up Drew. I originally thought I was making a general post. It wasn't aimed
at you. I can see now why you took offense to it. I don't even know who
you are. It wasn't aimed at you. I haven't spent much time on this site and my typing skills are not perfect....he's a lier (liar). Also; my visions is not so hot....even with glasses.
That's why I was confused....who are you talking about....what are you talking about.
All I did was attempt to add to the threads. I thought I was doing a quick post not a quick
reply. I received an e-mail from an associate stating that there were recent posts about
Mr. Both....I read them briefly and made a post. That's all. You have my apologies.
You can still come out and see me if you want.....but don't come until the summer; there's
no herps out now. Again; you have my apologies and if you want to come out here I'll take you to places you and other people have never been and see sights you'll never forget.
Things happen to you when you turn 60.

Here's a link to my photos....http://cid-0a59d1cd74dbf59b.photos.live.com/albums.aspx

Give me a call some time.

Ed Nagelmeyer
1 575 694-4571 or e-mail me...ebnagel@hotmail.com

Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #36
edsclassifieds58
By the way; I'm from Jersey too.
Please do....send HIM my way.

EEEEEDE

Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #37
Drew Zaun
Ok, sorry I took things the wrong way.

If I get a chance to do some herping out your way I will look you up...

Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #38
edsclassifieds58
Ok Good
If you should want to communicate do it by e-mail
as I don't look here often.

Ed Nagelmeyer
ebnagel@hotmail.com

Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #39
ratkingrodents
This sucks. I've known Allen for a long time...over ten years. We used to work together in a pet store before he opened his own business.

He was always really good to me. I remember him as a really good guy...a little high strung...but a really good guy.

I'm sure that whatever happened here is just a product of his bad luck. I'm sure that he doesn't want everyone here to know his life story, but he is just about the unluckiest SOB I've ever met.

If he did someone wrong and its within his power to fix it I am sure that he will try his best to fix it. That's about all I can say.

And I came in here to post something about an awesome buyer that I sold some rats to today LOL.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #40
Patrick@ColorfulCreatures
Whatever his bad luck is shouldn't affect the numerous people he lies to about being able to pay for animals. I keep reading posts about how he used to be a good business to deal with, this is completely irrelevant being that he regulary requests animals that he can't afford and according to some, he should have no problem paying for. So he's either a struggling business who can't hold up to his end of the bargain or a thief who chooses to pay whenever it's convient to him, which neither of the two is acceptable in this industry. If that much bad luck is happening to him in this industry then perhaps its time he seeks another type of venture instead of screwing breeders who actually work really hard to produce the animals he's trying to flip.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!