Squash? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Lucille
Squash?

I **LOVE** Spring here in Texas! I have just finished ordering veggie and wildflower seeds, and have been clearing out and trimming back my garden the last few days, and am going to start my pepper and tomato seedlings as soon as I receive my seeds (the seedlings don't get set out until mid-March but I start my wildflowers right away outside).

My question is about beardies and squash. I am growing several different kinds of summer squash this year and when the plants get going, there is a LOT of squash, especially the zucchini plants.

Is it OK to chop up zucchini and other squash and feed it to my beardies? Can they eat it raw or should I steam it first?

Old 01-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
robin d.
i dont garden but i feed our beardies zuchini and yellow squash. i do not see any problems with other kinds either. just makes sure to add some greens maybe some carrot . it is fine raw just make sure and wash it well

Old 01-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
Reptileking636
Yeah my beardies love their squash. They should like the squash and zuchini, but like robin said keep them clean and throw in some greens.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
CheriS
Butternut, acorn, summer and yellow squash are all good for them, they eat it best if you grate it raw or put in one of those $10-$15 mini food processors.

While planting, throw out a few Sweet potatoe and pumpkin seeds too, beardies love raw grated pumpkin and sweet potatoe...and it is a good nautral anti-parasitic for them.

But I agrees with the others, rich greens are their main staple

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!