High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 62 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #611
Dave Lawson
You both are right in your thinking,

The charges are to minor to take Damon back to AZ.
The men in blue fullfilled thier duty to the fullest.

But here is the rub, People like Damon will screw up in a big way and the people of Oakdale La. will be there to do thier duty. I did inform the man of the WHOLE STORY and Damon's shady past to the fullest. He did not talk to me blindly. If Damon plans on any type of revenge he will have to take on every single person in town.

I look for Damon to change the name of the company as well as his name once more HEH is a dying thing and he knows it far to well.I am waiting for a phone call from Damon with another threat. But remember Damon, you stealing my photos and threats is why I I even got involved in the first place. Damon, I think that your best bet is to remove your cowerdly self from the reptile world all together and start acting like a man and walk the line because small town jails are no fun at all but I believe you found that out, correct?

Damon I think you your new name and company name should be:

Richard Cranium

Burmms-by-

Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #612
fuscusking13
Per my conversation with Mr. Lawson

I spoke with Dave L. via pm and telephone yesterday, and gave him my word that I would make this post. I know that goes against my previous promise to be done with this thread, and honestly I do want to be, but in light of our conversation it was deemed neccesary. Our conversation was in regards to Mr. Lawson's first post about the location and condition of Davids place in LA. Most of the details seemed accurate(although I dont know about selling prices and such), with the exception of the size and condition of the buildings. The snake building has got to be at least 20 x 20 if not larger and to me at least that is not a small shed(10 x 10 is more in line with small to me). Also it is in very good condition inside and doesnt look as bad as described from the outside. As for the trailer, I never went in it so no idea. I was under the immpression that he bred rats in there, and I have seen enough rats going at it, and had no desire to see more, so I cant be sure what was in something I didnt go in. I dont know how you could see the outbuilding from the road as it is quite far, and you definately would not be able to see the condition, but other than these details things seem about right. Obliviously none of this is Dave L.'s fault, as he is just posting what he was informed, but he asked me to post my opinion on the facts presented, and here I am. Someone said I was lying about there being two buildings, I believe it was Ms. Terese, but 1 trailer + 1 outbuilding = 2 buildings, as long as 1 + 1 still equals 2, but I am not a math expert. It was a pleasure speaking with Mr. Lawson who seems like a truly nice person, and a genuine guy. Good luck to all, and everyone take care. Dan M.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #613
Dave Lawson
Dn and I talked for a very long time last night.I told him that when you are posting here you must be detailed!!!! That is what he failed in do and it proved to hurt him in the long run. But I hope that his last post cleared it up. He did explain hid reasons for being cryptic about the answers he gave and I understand,now. Again lets remember the type person Damon is.

Dan seems to be a honest person who truely has run on hard times but he is on the right track to correct his situation.

The discription that I was give was correct and it was verified by Dan so I see no reason to think that the rest of the info was wrong.

WE HAVE FOUND DAMON HEYNEN AND HE OWNS HIGH END HERPS

Old 01-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #614
ms_terese
Quote:
Someone said I was lying about there being two buildings, I believe it was Ms. Terese, but 1 trailer + 1 outbuilding = 2 buildings, as long as 1 + 1 still equals 2, but I am not a math expert.
Take a re-read, fuscusking.... I did not say that....I asked for clarification. I have thanked you for your candor in this thread, and still believe that you have been honest in your communications here. I'm not jumping on your head on this.
Quote:
So....fuscusking was indeed lying about what he saw there? Is it possible he went to another location?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #615
Donnie Smith
Dave,

As you stated, it's a small town. Does you contact actually know the person in question by name and is that name David or Damon?

Just curious as it did not seem overly clear to me in your post.

-Donnie

Old 01-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #616
Dave Lawson
Niether

Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #617
Donnie Smith
Can you clarify that Dave... Does he have a 3rd alias or the guy didn't know?

Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #618
Dave Lawson
That may point a finger....So can't say. sorry

Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #619
Wraith
Well.. regardless of what ultimately happens here, Damon and/or David will either have to register with a government agency as a legitimate business or post under his own name if he wants to stay in business on KS.

The Registered Business program they have been talking about on the KS classifieds went live today. Right now it's voluntary for account holders to submit their information, but come may 1st it will be mandatory if they wish to keep using a business name on the site.

http://www.pethobbyist.com/verify.html

Adrian

Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #620
Chameleon Company
Glad to see KS raising the bar, but it won't really expose anyone who wants to stay hidden. It will stop folks from pretending to be Inc, LLC, etc., when they are not. But should someone want to go to the trouble to be an HEH and cover a true identity, they only now will have to really register with their state. There is no actual ID requirement in most states to do that, or to have yourself listed as an officer of the company. Likewise with saying you are John Smith in an ad. In the case of a legal company, the rub may be in going to the bank to open an account in that business name, as some real entity will have to create the account, with ID, at the bank. That person could then add other real people to the signature card to do business using the company's bank account. Theoretically, Tawni could register the company, and then have checks still made out in her, or the company's name, or ad David/Damon to the account. Where it gets a little stickier is if someone doesn't want to create a legal company, yet wants to remain hidden, and claims their name as "John Smith Reptiles" as an example. Without a true business account, they will have to deposit into a bank account with an individual's name on it. With the ability to deposit a co-signed check, often using a night deposit machine (ATM) with a chicken-scratch signature or two on the back, it means that things can still stay pretty anonymous. To the less sophisticated hiding amongst us, and not all that different from what David/Damon is doing now, you may buy from "John Smith's Reptiles", but then have cause for alarm when John tells you to make the check out "to my wife Tawni Balphabet".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart