n00b-ish question... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
shinezilla
n00b-ish question...

So this is the first time I've ever seen this out of all the dragons. But I noticed with one, everytime she drinks, she freaks out and start hacking up mucus and coughing and just running around frantic... Never any other time, only after she drinks water.

I was thinking maybe she swallows it wrong or something, but every single time???

Anyone have a clue what could be the matter?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Heart4Dragonz
She's just drinking too much to fast, in my Opinion. I have a hypo girl that's going on 9months old and I still have to watch her in the water otherwise she does it every time . Last time she did it I thought she was going to die from trying to hack it up, her mouth got blue and everything X.X...some stimulation and yelling later she popped back up and was fine. O.O*heart attack* I now guard her from drinking as much water as she possibly can while bathing EVERYTIME. She hasn't done done her hacking choking dance since.

I would just watch her and make sure she's not chugging the water...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
shinezilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart4Dragonz View Post
She's just drinking too much to fast, in my Opinion. I have a hypo girl that's going on 9months old and I still have to watch her in the water otherwise she does it every time . Last time she did it I thought she was going to die from trying to hack it up, her mouth got blue and everything X.X...some stimulation and yelling later she popped back up and was fine. O.O*heart attack* I now guard her from drinking as much water as she possibly can while bathing EVERYTIME. She hasn't done done her hacking choking dance since.

I would just watch her and make sure she's not chugging the water...
Thank you lots Amanda... That's exactly what she does too... I was bawling because she just went limp and I thought she was gonna croak.

I was surprised this thread was even found by anyone... Thanks everyone else, you guys were REALLY helpful

Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Heart4Dragonz
No problem, I hate when nobody can offer up anything when I post on here too :-\

I'm sure she'll be alright, I don't understand Why they do that, out of my 3 biggins shes' the only one that does.... re

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!