Info Pat Kline - neutral review - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #71
BlakeWilsonRetics
where does it say must provide common and scientific name on outside of the box? you are very bad at this

Old 08-24-2017, 11:15 AM   #72
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorraia View Post
To be clear here, the frogs WERE unboxed immediately. They were not removed from their cups immediately, since the seller had said "no problem" when I inquired about shipping arrangements because of my work schedule. THAT is where the seller holds some responsible for what happened here. And frankly if I were to ask for a refund, or the seller were truly interested in good customer service, I think one should be offered due to the seller's mistake in not clarifying the situation
By saying "no problem" to BOTH hold for pickup (regardless of including delivery to another person in that inquiry, seller said "no problem" to BOTH), the seller did imply the frogs would be fine in their cups for additional time. In that respect i was not "at fault" or "wrong" because i was trusting the seller's word. But add indicated here by some replies, I guess seller's can't be trusted. Maybe some are just more interested in the sale than the animals well being.

The seller guarantees live arrival. The frogs arrived alive. You however kept them in the same deli cup for almost a whole work day without removing them or changing the paper towels from what I have read and one died as a result of this. That's your fault in regards to not knowing how to receive the frogs properly which is not his responsibility, as well as not following up for a tracking number to track the package properly. He contributed to the death only by failing to write "live animals" on the box and being unable to read your mind or forsee issues that couldn't have been forseen. Your review was fair and it is unprofessional and inappropriate for him to react to that in the fashion that he did. A less than perfect transaction, but deflecting your mistakes to the seller and painting all sellers with the same brush as quoted above is quite ridiculous. Thank you for sharing your experience, nonetheless.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #73
sorraia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
The seller guarantees live arrival. The frogs arrived alive. You however kept them in the same deli cup for almost a whole work day without removing them or changing the paper towels from what I have read and one died as a result of this. That's your fault in regards to not knowing how to receive the frogs properly which is not his responsibility, as well as not following up for a tracking number to track the package properly. He contributed to the death only by failing to write "live animals" on the box and being unable to read your mind or forsee issues that couldn't have been forseen. Your review was fair and it is unprofessional and inappropriate for him to react to that in the fashion that he did. A less than perfect transaction, but deflecting your mistakes to the seller and painting all sellers with the same brush as quoted above is quite ridiculous. Thank you for sharing your experience, nonetheless.
Painting all sellers with the same brush, and sarcasm on my part out of frustration toward some the replies I received. The seller shouldn't have to read my mind, but nor should I have to read his. This experience should serve as a learning experience for both parties, in my personal opinion. Learning experience for me, it was. I wish it had gone differently, but it didn't, and the past can't be changed. I wish other replies had the level view that yours did. Thank you.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #74
sorraia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
Regardless of who's fault the death of the frog was, is it really appropriate for a seller to confront a buyer for leaving a mediocre review? That seems rather bullying doesn't it? Reviews are based on the buyer's perception of the sale, not the seller's.

For example, I bought a box of raw cork for vivarium builds. I bought it despite a 1 star review, because the review said "I bought this and all I got was a box of dirty wood". To that buyer they got ripped off, meanwhile that was exactly what I was looking for so I ignored the rating and made the purchase.

If Pat doesn't want people to leave reviews from their perspective then he should require that his reviews be approved before hitting his site. I don't see why the buyer is being treated as if she said the death of the frog was his fault, her entire complaint was his treatment of her... which I can understand from what I've seen posted on this thread.

I've heard wonderful things about Pat Kline, so I can only assume previous experiences are affecting people's view on this post, but if Pat was a newb on the scene and he made statements about it not being a big deal if he labeled his packages or not... what would people say?

Again, I don't think either party did anything wrong per say, just seems unprofessional to get upset at a customer for leaving a review you don't like. Again, Pat's reputation precedes him (in a good way), but I don't think that should mean the OP gets treated any different for sharing her experience. IMO
This precisely, thank you for sharing your thoughts! This review was entirely meant to be a share of my experiences (which is what the BOI is for, some replies seem to indicate otherwise). I marked it as neutral because although I personally did not enjoy this experience, I do not think it makes him a "bad guy". Customer service is part of the buying experience, and that is what this review was supposed to cover (some replies have taken it off track). It is highly unlikely this will hurt his reputation at all. Perhaps the only thing it will do is make other newbies (such as myself - a newbie in terms of amphibians) reconsider, or at least warn them to ask more questions prior to ordering. If it saves another animal from the same fate, and another buyer from my experience, then its worth it in my opinion.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #75
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeWilsonRetics View Post
lmao thats not true. only for shipping animals into Florida is that required
So you are contesting that Reptile Express are posting false information on their website?
Interesting...
Of course this topic is pretty irrelevant to this thread but as you seem inclined to pursue this with intent.....

Old 08-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #76
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeWilsonRetics View Post
where does it say must provide common and scientific name on outside of the box? you are very bad at this
Being up all night on meds in Labor and Delivery may do that, but does not negate my correct statements

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 08-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #77
snared99
Guys,
I do not think we need to debate the labeling of the box. As i already stated the box Nicole received is not our normal box, they normally read "Live Reptiles", and has been stated that we didn't wrong the scientific names, that is on me.

I take the death of the frog very seriously, and our customer service(hence why i refunded her). I honestly do not see what is gained here in the argument anymore. No one is "bullying" anyone, i have never called Nicole names or cursed her out. we are just going to see things differently on what killed the frog. But in the end she did wind up with a lot of VERY healthy frogs from us, and we will just go our separate ways from here

Old 08-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #78
AbsoluteApril
To all - the general debate over proper box labeling rules really belongs in the discussion forums. Please continue the discussion and debate about general box labeling rules in the appropriate forum. Thank you

Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #79
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post

I take the death of the frog very seriously, and our customer service (hence why i refunded her). I honestly do not see what is gained here in the argument anymore. No one is "bullying" anyone, i have never called Nicole names or cursed her out. we are just going to see things differently on what killed the frog. But in the end she did wind up with a lot of VERY healthy frogs from us, and we will just go our separate ways from here
That was very generous of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!