Bad Guy Dylan Henrich - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #11
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
He told me that the snake might have a respiratory infection or be sick when I was 10 minutes away from picking her up and that she was barely moving and hadn't had heat for a while.
That was a huge red flag

Quote:
After a couple days I talked with a lot of retic breeders that told me she would be unbreedable and she would not grow out of her back issue and it was most likely a birth defect.
You had a chance to examine her 'in person', so the defect (which should have been disclosed in the ad) could have been seen by you.
While discussions with experienced people are very helpful, perhaps you should take her to a vet to get a professional opinion about the nature of the defect and whether it is genetic.
You said in the screen shots in post #2 that when you checked it you thought that it was bigger than when you first received it. That does not sound like a bone defect, bone does not grow that quickly. I would think that you would want to take it to a vet for its sake if the condition is progressive. It is not just an investment, it is a living creature.
Quote:
He told me the retic would grow out of the enlarged vertebrae and would be fine to breed. Which isn't true.
You don't know if it is true or not, you have not had the critter assessed by a vet.

Quote:
your telling me if you wanted to buy a snake for breeding purposes and found out you paid for a snake that would never be able to breed and you wouldn't get a refund you'd be ok with that?
You got some internet advice and you are running with it as if it was confirmed fact. You need to have it assessed by a vet.

Quote:
And to put a cherry on top he made me drive to him during the hurricane to pick her up because he threatened to sell her to other people

No one made you drive through a hurricane to buy a snake. You could have simply passed up the purchase.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 AM   #12
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
That was a huge red flag

You had a chance to examine her 'in person', so the defect (which should have been disclosed in the ad) could have been seen by you.
While discussions with experienced people are very helpful, perhaps you should take her to a vet to get a professional opinion about the nature of the defect and whether it is genetic.
You said in the screen shots in post #2 that when you checked it you thought that it was bigger than when you first received it. That does not sound like a bone defect, bone does not grow that quickly. I would think that you would want to take it to a vet for its sake if the condition is progressive. It is not just an investment, it is a living creature.

You don't know if it is true or not, you have not had the critter assessed by a vet.

You got some internet advice and you are running with it as if it was confirmed fact. You need to have it assessed by a vet.

No one made you drive through a hurricane to buy a snake. You could have simply passed up the purchase.

We met in a dimly lit garage because thats where he was keeping her in a plastic tub. So I didn't have the best view. I actually very much wanted to take her to the vet but my vet was closed for weeks because we were in a hurricane. Plus almost every time I tried to get a hold of my reptile vet afterwards he wasn't there which is why I already scheduled a appointment with a new reptile vet. But yes I did want other breeders opinions first because usually they see birth defects and bone defects while I could not get a hold of my vet. As for the "its a living creature comment" I obviously know that. I don't want to sound like I just want to make money or something but I did want a baby retic that I could grow up with and that I could breed later down the years. I even have normals in my collection that I've rescued. I care highly for my snakes very more then most people. And it is a bone issue for sure. Theres no question about it. It looked and felt bigger like swelling around the bone. And yes I didn't have to drive through the hurricane but I felt responsible since I had already said I was going to pick her up and he kept pressuring me about selling her to other people and I've never been known to flake.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
Images

Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #14
Snake-Queen
Darn it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!