Bad Guy memnoch1970 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #21
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
Okay, I think I get it now.
On the frog forum link posted previously, on October 19 at 0352 Mr. Sulwer said he had a death in the family and had to go to St. Louis for about 3 weeks.

Now I am not making excuses for him, I’m a little peeved at him myself because he never responded to my requests on multiple forums for more information on some moss he was peddling, but it is plausible that he did indeed have a death in the family and is caught up in settling family matters.
Not that that would excuse his allowing his customers to wait with no word but it could be the reason.
I don't know, at 2:00 AM the same day he said in that e-mail that he was already out of town on "a job". Could be he actually had a death in the family, could be he is stalling for time, no way to know for sure. I do find it ironic that he isn't keeping in touch with people he owes dragons considering the thread he started on here previously regarding being owed money for a dragon deal. I seem to recall he posted several times a day about the matter and had little interest in hearing any excuses from the guy as to why he wasn't paying him or communicating...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #22
gillian25
Well he alsop said he would be back monday and send out the dragons . so i dont think he was out of town for three weeks . i saw him on line like 5 min after one post this week . monday . this is friday and i still havent gotten a word................

Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #23
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
Okay, I think I get it now.
On the frog forum link posted previously, on October 19 at 0352 Mr. Sulwer said he had a death in the family and had to go to St. Louis for about 3 weeks.
He had time to log into Fauna, then he should make time to tell his customers that are waiting about his problems, if he cant ship in a timely manner then he should refund all that are waiting on him to deliver.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #24
John E Dove
We have no argument in that regard Mr. Clark.
IMO there is no excuse for "allowing his customers to wait with no word". If you have a business you have to see to business regardless and personal matters are separate.
If indeed he did have a death in the family he should have notified any customers with pending deals what was going on and when they could expect a completion of the deal or a refund if they desired.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #25
gillian25
well for now i am finished with this . i spoke to chris he said he was out of town . and he in fact did not have dragons to give me , he also said that he did not have my money, but he was going to make it up to me , he would pay me back my money in a fue weeks and when he has dragons again he would sell me some at a super deal , i am not looking for any kind of deals . just my money back.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #26
Lucille
I agree that a brief note should have been sent out offering a refund. I can understand if he had family members to attend to, but a note only takes a moment. Even the best of businesses have unexpected delays, but communication is the key.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #27
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian25 View Post
i spoke to chris he said he was out of town . and he in fact did not have dragons to give me , he also said that he did not have my money, but he was going to make it up to me , he would pay me back my money in a fue weeks
Somehow I am not surprised....

Old 10-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #28
Lucille
Taking money in that manner and spending it is a fraudulent conversion. I think after this, there will be few people that will entrust him with their money.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #29
Mooing Tricycle
I think, things happen. and when you might be able to log on, say, from a cell phone, just to check something really quick, you cant very well do those things all on the phone without it taking more than a half hour to type out something on that phone. ( not saying thats how chris logged on, but that, there are other methods of logging into a website that are not as simple to respond on. but are useful to read)

If the animals are sent as promised, then i say, crap happens and sometimes people are unprepared for it. I know that if i was in the middle of transactions with people, i WOULD try to get that information out there if something like a death in the family occurred, but if it was a close family member.... and was immediate that i get to whereever they are, Sorry, people would have to deal for a bit if i couldnt find the time to address every single person. I would hope that my own honesty would support that type of decision, and that people could have some patience and compassion in a time like that. sometimes, one needs to look past their own personal beliefs and needs/wants to see anothers side of things.

Is it an excuse to ignore your customers? Absolutely not. BUT. Is it an explanation? Certainly yes, and i would hope people would have just a slight bit of compassion for that kind of situation, before labling them a bad guy for not communicating right away. ( if of course all of this is true that a family member passed away, im all for gutting the guilty, but not going after someone because of a mishap or lapse in judgement in all cases.)

Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #30
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian25 View Post
well for now i am finished with this . i spoke to chris he said he was out of town . and he in fact did not have dragons to give me , he also said that he did not have my money, but he was going to make it up to me , he would pay me back my money in a fue weeks and when he has dragons again he would sell me some at a super deal , i am not looking for any kind of deals . just my money back.
How did he contact you with this info? or did you contact him? *and how*
Id still like to see proof that this transaction even took place, personally.
Only for the fact that, chris has not responded to this yet, nor has he logged on to look * that one could tell under his account, anyway*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris sulwer, memnoch1970