Bad Guy memnoch1970 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #31
Ed Clark
He said he did not have the dragons or the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian25 View Post
well for now i am finished with this . i spoke to chris he said he was out of town . and he in fact did not have dragons to give me , he also said that he did not have my money, but he was going to make it up to me , he would pay me back my money in a fue weeks and when he has dragons again he would sell me some at a super deal , i am not looking for any kind of deals . just my money back.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #32
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
and that people could have some patience and compassion in a time like that. sometimes, one needs to look past their own personal beliefs and needs/wants to see anothers side of things.

Is it an excuse to ignore your customers? Absolutely not. BUT. Is it an explanation? Certainly yes, and i would hope people would have just a slight bit of compassion for that kind of situation, before labling them a bad guy for not communicating right away.
Sort of like the same compassion that Chris showed in his thread in July?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch1970 View Post
cyber , did you read the excuses he gave me. cmon man that is the lamest bunch of krap ive ever heard. first hes deadly ill with pneumonia, then the check is lost in the mail, then his dad is on his death bed. . all in one week yeah right. ive sent him paypal info so he can resolve the matter buttt, good ole allen is mia again. so this will continue until my money is given to me. there are other forums i will post on also if he cant do the right thing. very simple. hes gonna be at the hamburg show this weekend. my buddy will talk to him then to see what his problem is. i bet my dragons will be there on sale .its easy to point the finger when your not the one getting ripped off isnt it. you dont like the thread dont click on it.
Quote:
the whole reason this was brought to this forum was he simply could not return a phone call or email. period. all he had to do was say man im a little strapped for cash right now, can you give me a little more time. thats all im reasonable. but instead he played duck and dodge, now its personal and i want my money now, not after the show now. he wants to be a little punk and not make a simple call or email fine . but i will not be deterred in anyway shape or form i will get him or my money which ever comes first.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #33
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
Not sure how I missed this one:

Quote:
first off your medical problems are your problems, period. i dont care who the hell is sick. not my problem. second you said payment on delivery not 3 weeks later with every lie in the book to go with it. 3rd... why dont you post on the board here???? ill tell you why cause you know your wrong , and everyone here will tell you that. you cant even answer the phone, or call someone back. you dont want to talk to me call stephanie. oh i forgot your deathly ill with pnuimonia, and bronchitis your well enough to get on the computer though. pay up allen..

Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #34
Cat_72
Quote:
Well, sometimes hindsight is 20/20. Not having been in the other person's shoes before, perhaps his view would be different now.

I am not taking "his side" by any means, please do not misunderstand, I am simply commenting "in general"....but I do agree with Alicia's thoughts as a whole. Many folks here don't do this for a living, and as much as one would like to think they are running a business....and as good of intentions as one can have, sometimes poop happens. The customers have every right under the sun to be upset, but if say, one of my kids were critically injured in a car accident, posting something on Fauna would be the last thing on my mind.

Maybe it won't even end up applying to this thread, if the guy is just a big fat liar....I don't know. But we need to remember that there has to be a "human side", business, hobby, or otherwise.

Back to your regularly scheduled BOI.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #35
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Well, sometimes hindsight is 20/20. Not having been in the other person's shoes before, perhaps his view would be different now.

I am not taking "his side" by any means, please do not misunderstand, I am simply commenting "in general"....but I do agree with Alicia's thoughts as a whole. Many folks here don't do this for a living, and as much as one would like to think they are running a business....and as good of intentions as one can have, sometimes poop happens. The customers have every right under the sun to be upset, but if say, one of my kids were critically injured in a car accident, posting something on Fauna would be the last thing on my mind.

Maybe it won't even end up applying to this thread, if the guy is just a big fat liar....I don't know. But we need to remember that there has to be a "human side", business, hobby, or otherwise.

Back to your regularly scheduled BOI.
I'm not saying he should have posted on Fauna, as this thread didn't exist yet. However, he had enough time and was composed enough to start a thread and multiple posts on the frog forum that he was going to pack up and take his frogs with him for three weeks, but couldn't take the same amount of time to shoot an e-mail to the people whose money he had for dragons that it has been alleged that he didn't have....

Old 10-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #36
Cat_72
Quote:
I'm not saying he should have posted on Fauna, as this thread didn't exist yet. However, he had enough time and was composed enough to start a thread and multiple posts on the frog forum that he was going to pack up and take his frogs with him for three weeks, but couldn't take the same amount of time to shoot an e-mail to the people whose money he had for dragons that it has been alleged that he didn't have....

I understand that Sam, and agree. Which was why I said that it might not even apply to THIS thread, and he may just be a big fat liar....I don't know.

I'm just trying to keep a little perspective between those who sell animals as a hobby business, and the human part of the equation....and those who were immediately damning him not knowing either way.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #37
Wolfy-hound
I'd like to see the cashed check with his signature. If you say on 10-24 that you have that.. and he said he got the check on 10-19.. that's some fast accounting of 5 days to get your check back. I wish MY bank did that.
If he took the money.. and intends to return it, since he did not have dragons to sell, it's Fraud. Whether he had a brother die or not. still fraud, and he would have set the deal up BEFORE his brother died on 10-19(assuming his brother did die), and would therefor have entered into a deal, taking money when he did not have dragons to send.

IF he has the dragons, and his brother did die, it's possible he's just washing his hands of everything in order to be able to concentrate on family issues, so would say "Look I'll send your money back, I don't have anything for you" in order to just shove it all aside.

If you get your money back, it would be understandable that you would never deal with him again. It's bad business... but if my brother died, I wouldn't be all that concerned with a business deal, sorry, my family means way too much to me.
If he's lying about his brother dying, never had dragons to sell, and took the money anyway, then it's despicable, and low, and he deserves to be painted with the scum brush.
Theresa Baker

Old 10-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #38
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound
IF he has the dragons, and his brother did die, it's possible he's just washing his hands of everything in order to be able to concentrate on family issues, so would say "Look I'll send your money back, I don't have anything for you" in order to just shove it all aside.

If you get your money back, it would be understandable that you would never deal with him again. It's bad business... but if my brother died, I wouldn't be all that concerned with a business deal, sorry, my family means way too much to me.
If he's lying about his brother dying, never had dragons to sell, and took the money anyway, then it's despicable, and low, and he deserves to be painted with the scum brush.
Zactly.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #39
gillian25
like i said everybody . chris called me back and said after he gets back he will try and send me my money in a week or so as soon as he can scratch up the money . he said he over sold dragons and me and the other guy was the only one he did this to . so i am giving him the time to make it right . i give him credit for at least calling me . he also said it was his girl freind that has been on the computer all this time.under his name . maybe i am to trusting but i am giving the guy time to fix it.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #40
collisonzoo
I hope this all works out...

We bought some of these dragons. I emailed Chris on October 1 and asked if he had 5. He found our phone number and called that night and said that he only had 5 left and if we sent the money right then, he would send them out right away. I sent the money, and he sent the dragons as promised. They arrived on October 3, and they were healthy and very nice dragons. Chris even called us on the 3rd to make sure that the dragons had arrived and that we were happy with them.

I am certainly not defending his actions in this situation, just sharing my experience. I hope that Chris is able to work this out and make things right with the two of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris sulwer, memnoch1970