Gregory Bowman aka thedietcokeguy Inquiry - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:04 PM   #61
Thedietcokeguy
Rob,

If you read Neils emails you will see his story changes constantly. What can you believe. If you want; I will ship the snake to any "expert" in the field to determine if its a "true light phase" as Neil suggest. I have the photos and can send them as well. Hire Bob Clark to make a determination; Loser pays.

I have suggested it to Neil; he won't do it. He knows its a normal burmese and is afraid to admit it. He won't provide a photo of the animal either. I have the photos of his normal burmese with his shipping box and label after being unpacked. Its time stamped and was within an hour of delivery. Also, I have the vet's report.

Secondly; I believe the RI, NOT URI, MAY have been caused by the asperation pneumonia from his shipping the snake with a rabbit fresh in its gut and his neglegence in shipping it with direct contact to heat packs. Maybe you should take the time to read this entire thread. He admits to feeding it a day before shipping.
It had brown fluid pouring from its mouth when I got it. I did not culture it so I cannot say if it was asperation pneumonia or bacterial.

Regardless the cause, the snake was rattling and not in good shape; I treated it here hoping a vets visit was not required. I have an extensive backround treating animals and worked as an exotic animal tech for many years.

After a round of antibiotics and supportive care, the snake was no better so off to the vet it went. Clearly asperation pneumonia can result in subsequent infection. Clearly he admits to shipping the snake and would not even agree to a live guarantee, and right after feeding it. This is not wise nor ethical.

He then on this thread claims duress forced him to ship the snake; how did I force NEIL to ship the snake? Would you have shipped it after a rabbit meal?

Q: NEVER ANSWERED; HOW DID NEIL SHIP THIS ANIMAL UNDER DURESS AS HE CLAIMS?

Q: Would you ship a 10 lb burmese after eating such a large meal?

It about time some of you start answering the questions I have asked and not been answered. I have been fair and entertained you but time for you to ask NEIL and STEVE some questions; UNLESS you are too afraid, have alterior motives, or just dont care.

Q: who shipped snakes through the USPS? CITES 1 snakes.

I did speak to Fish and Wildlife today; Inspector Strong. and Agent Bruce Tolaski earlier. Inspector Strong informed me that as of 2001, Pimbura is listed as CITES 1. Agent Tolaski did indicate the need by the DMA for a captive bred cert. and it was the shippers requirement to provide them. I asked if the shipper decieved me by saying they arent needed would I be culpable; he said no.

If you email me I can give you his direct number.

Thanks

Gregory Bowman

Old 02-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #62
NEWReptiles
?

Quote:
I asked if the shipper decieved me by saying they arent needed would I be culpable; he said no.
Then why are you worried about it?

I dont understand why you have to involve all of these agencies you say you are. Would you like it if someone tried to burn you in this manner?

Quote:
keep in mind that the snake ate a medium rabbit three days before I shipped it,
So when did this thing eat?
Quote:
and, as I told you, he

Old 02-03-2003, 09:14 PM   #63
Thedietcokeguy
John;

Respectfully,

I don't know where to start with your non sequiter post. Maybe you should stick to the facts and not make things up.

No one said cold.

I have talked to the parties who enforce the Lacey Act; US FISH AND WILDLIFE. Why would I talk to an attorney?

I am not sure what the laws are in your state but don't tell me what is legal and not; I will error on the side of caution when in doubt and when I am informed by authorities about the law; I believe them; not supposition posted by armchair attorney/cops. If you wish to abuse animals so be it. I will not.

Stick with the facts John.

Gregory Bowman

Old 02-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #64
Clownfishy
this seems odd to me, i don't know the whole story, but neil has been a great guy from my expirience (as limited as it is), and from what a lot of people have said. It seems to me there is a small band of people out to get him. Having said that.

Neil isn't a guy to cheat anyone. I had a transaction with neil two years ago. To both of our knowledge the animals sent were in good condition. It wasn't until later i found out they weren't. 5 days after recieving them, one of the animals died.

To make a long story short (the rest of the story can be found in the amazon thread), after two years, and hearing the full story, neil offered me a partial refund for the animal in question. That's customer service if you ask me. If i was in the market to order through mail again, it would be from neil. he seems like he always tries to do the right thing and make his customers happy. Unless you were rude to him, or had a misunderstanding (as we did), i don't see why things would be different for you.

As to the vet bills, let me tell you something, you should take all your animals to the vet, reguardless if they are CB or not. It's good practice to just make sure they are in good health. It's your responsibilty once the animal is in your possestion to do so. I had to take those frills to the vet 3 times when i got them in, cost me nearly 300 dollars, and when one failed do you think i even thought of asking for a refund for the vet bill from neil? no i simply asked for partial money back on the animal. If he offered to help pay the vet bills that would be way beyound what i would expect from him.

David Doan

Old 02-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #65
gila7150
Quote:
Regardless the cause, the snake was rattling and not in good shape; I treated it here hoping a vets visit was not required. I have an extensive backround treating animals and worked as an exotic animal tech for many years.
Remember the advice you gave about playing lawyer? The same advice would apply to you Dr. (playing a DVM).
Do you actually think a judge will make Neil pay your vet bills after you played Dr. at home before taking it to a vet. Did you use the Baytril that you keep at home? Don't you think it might have been wise to do a C&S before treating such a severe RI at home?

So lets get this straight....you played DVM without a license for a while and then brought the snake to a vet.
....and now you want Neil to pay the vet bills?

Chris Raden

Old 02-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #66
NEWReptiles
Quote:
keep in mind that the snake ate a medium rabbit three days before I shipped it,
When did this thing eat last?
Quote:
He admits to feeding it a day before shipping.
Where?

Quote:
and, as I told you, he ate a small RABBIT two days before I shipped him....

Old 02-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #67
Thedietcokeguy
RE NEIL GUBITZ;

I am not sure when it was fed; I may have misstated the fact and want to clarify; either it was a day or three days.....I have no idea what the truth is with Neil; he apparently changes his story to fit his needs.

Gregory Bowman

Old 02-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #68
gila7150
Quote:
I believe them; not supposition posted by armchair attorney/cops.
What about armchair vets? Why were you asking Steve for sources to get prescription meds? Can't you get them from your vet? Were the meds you treated the burmes with prescribed for this animal?
Chris Raden

Old 02-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #69
Thedietcokeguy
Chris you apparently havent read a bit of the post and I will ignore you inane comments. Clearly its not against the law to treat your own animals; Only when you PRACTICE medicine must you have a license. Additionally, my treatment was consistant with any vets recommendation and I advised NEIL of the treatment.

Gregory Bowman

Old 02-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #70
gila7150
I never said anything about illegal.
I just said no judge in his right mind would award you vet bills after you treated the snake at home by a lay person using prescription meds that weren't prescribed for the snake.
(with absolutely no diagnostic tests or an exam by a qualified individual beforehand)
Chris Raden

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!