Bad Guy Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, OH-BAD, BAD, BAD! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #51
hemingway155
update

Just as an update to the situation, I just got a short email from Rick that said he had to go out of town for some reason but was back now and would ship the animals properly Monday. He knows he is being watched here, so I'm hoping that means he will do the right thing. I will keep the community posted, including with pictures of the animals and the packing materials.

Kris

Old 08-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #52
LauraB
What?

Quote:
Rick that said he had to go out of town for some reason but was back now and would ship the animals properly Monday.
Oldest excuse in the freakin' book ... I was out of town. Ok, even if he was, so what??

What does that have to do with his deplorable action? What does that have to do with the slow and agonizing death of a snake at his hands?

He's going to ship "properly"? LOL .. you sure about that? Didn't you think he actually might ship "properly" the first time around before he killed a snake?
You trust him enough to let him ship to you again?

Sorry, but I can't even believe you would even support him by accepting another shipment from him. THOSE are the kinds of people that do not need to be vending animals.

In fact, why come to the BOI with your "Bad Guy Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, OH-BAD, BAD, BAD!" post and those graphic and very sad photos, then just return to say .. "oh, well ... he'll ship better on Monday."
Go figure.

Good to know you will support a guy who will kill an animal through his own neglect, laziness and irresponsibility. I won't.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #53
pitbulllady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Oldest excuse in the freakin' book ... I was out of town. Ok, even if he was, so what??

What does that have to do with his deplorable action? What does that have to do with the slow and agonizing death of a snake at his hands?

He's going to ship "properly"? LOL .. you sure about that? Didn't you think he actually might ship "properly" the first time around before he killed a snake?
You trust him enough to let him ship to you again?

Sorry, but I can't even believe you would even support him by accepting another shipment from him. THOSE are the kinds of people that do not need to be vending animals.

In fact, why come to the BOI with your "Bad Guy Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, OH-BAD, BAD, BAD!" post and those graphic and very sad photos, then just return to say .. "oh, well ... he'll ship better on Monday."
Go figure.

Good to know you will support a guy who will kill an animal through his own neglect, laziness and irresponsibility. I won't.
Laura, I'M the one who started this thread, and posted those horrible pictures, NOT the person you just responded to, as it was MY snake that Cremeans killed by improperly and inhumanely packing and shipping it, and it was MY money he took, and MY money he STILL has not returned. I certainly do NOT trust him to be able to ship anything nor honor any promise or commitment, but I cannot make that decision for the person you are responding to, Hemingway 155, and that person is NOT me! Your post seems to indicate that you think that person you're actually responding to and the one who started this thread after receiving a rotting snake corpse from Rick Cremeans are one and the same. They aren't. Maybe "Hemingway 155", the person to whom you were responding, the person who has NOT yet received any animals, alive or dead, from Rick Cremeans will actually get his animals, alive, from this guy, though I for one would not hold my breath on it. BUT, if those snakes DO get delivered, properly packed and arrive still breathing, I have to ask of Mr. Cremeans, WHY "EXPERIMENT" WITH MY SNAKE ON HOW TO SHIP PROPERLY? Again, though, I can't make a decision for another person as to whether to actually trust this Cremeans guy or not. Based on MY experience with him, though, I won't trust him, period. In any case, it was NOT the user, Hemingway 155, the one you responded to, who "came on here with your Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, Ohio-BAD,BAD, BAD post and those graphic and very sad photos". That was ME.

Sharon McKenzie, aka "pitbulllady"

Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #54
LauraB
Oh my gosh .... many many apologies, Sharon! I stand corrected and totally (justifiably) red-faced. I did mistake "hemingway155" for you ... I need to learn to read and comprehend better .. and even keep my mouth shut.

And to "hemmingway155" ... I do hope you get the animals in perfect shape.

Respectfully,
Ima Dork

Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #55
TrulyRare
lol, we all do it every now and then Laura.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #56
hemingway155
Let me justify myself...

Yes, I am the one expecting a shipment from this guy next week. I purchased the animals before the original bad guy post was made, and I did check the BOI and would not have made the purchase if there had been a post up already.

I went through the Postal Inspector to file a complaint and was basically told that if he is now saying that he will ship what I sent him the MO for (in this case two snakes) then I don't have a lot of recourse. That means that my leverage to just get a refund is pretty much nil, and to be honest if he does ship properly, I really do need the snakes for a current project.

I completely agree that the actions that merited the opening of this thread were abhorrent. I can only hope that maybe Rick will take this new contact with me as a chance to begin to make amends, and told him as much in an email. This is also why I am keeping things totally transparent, which strikes me as the real value of the BOI. Despite the risk of being flamed personally, I chose to keep things in the daylight and will update the thread with pictures of the shipping materials and the animals. It is my hope that this transparency also provides an incentive for Rick to take proper care of these animals and this shipment.

Look, I am not the bad guy here and frankly I don't think I deserve to be called out. This is a terrible situation and I am taking the only option I have available to me right now and trying to do it in a way that maximizes the chances of a successful resolution and is fair to everybody.

Kris Stroup

Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #57
LauraB
Quote:
Look, I am not the bad guy here and frankly I don't think I deserve to be called out.
Yes, I know. I admitted I made the mistake in my post above. I apologized. It was my mistake in confusing you and Sharon, the OP. Again, I am sorry. Again, I sincerely hope you get your animals in perfect shape, Kris.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #58
hemingway155
Thanks, Laura. I don't have a problem with you at all, but I expected this kind of response and just thought I would try to pre-empt it before things went into the ditch. Hopefully with this much transparency, all will go well, he will learn from the prior experience and make things as right as possible, and we can all move on.

Kris Stroup

Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #59
bobassetto
dead

she died in the box....cooked slowly......this guy needs to make it right...

Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #60
Ben Biscy
just chiming in here....

2 days in the back of a truck in carolina weather during summer can most certainly cause that amount of decomposition. it's hard to even drive from sc to nc during the day with colubrids without ac or a cooler/cool packs during the 100+f days...

however, the fact that anyone would send a LIVE animal anything LESS than guaranteed next day delivery is disgusting. people like this make be ashamed to call myself a brother of humanity. i'm sad for you, OP, but my heart goes out to this animal, who suffered burning temperature tortue until death in a tight box smaller than one could consider a coffin....

that's all i can say without gaining an infraction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
rick cremeans