Inquiry DTS Herps (Dan Scolaro) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #31
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I agree that personal shots are not warranted when someone cannot defend. However, to me, unlike names and personal shots, an actual description of someone's practices and verbally abusive behaviors is not a cheap shot. It warns potential customers of what might happen if a transaction goes wrong.

Dan did this to himself, no one forced a gun to his head and told him to get banned from Fauna, however that doesn't mean we should throw rocks and stones at the guy, it's not like he's a Bad Guy or anything he just seems to attract BAD CUSTOMERS, it's not Dan's fault!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #32
Will0W783
Actually, Scott, if you read the threads on here about him, he is a very very BAD guy. Multiple threads have shown he has shipped dead or dying animals, only to verbally abuse and bash the customer when they try to get their money back or a replacement. I didn't know about him until I almost bought from him but decided to check the BOI first, and saw all the threads. If what I've read, and the testimonies of multiple customers are to be believed, he is the very definition of a bad guy in the herp business. I do not think name calling is all that mature, or necessary, but I'm sure people have a lot of pent-up hatred and frustration for this guy and need to blow off steam. That being said, I've had no personal dealings with him and won't name call, but I won't condemn those who do.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #33
spawn
I can only assume Scott is being sarcastic.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:52 AM   #34
Junkyard
Dan may not be able to defend himself now, but when he was here, he sure did not hold back on the name calling. That is most likely why the personal attacks and name calling towards him come so easily.

I certainly do not trust him and strongly advise others the same.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 AM   #35
Williambb4
Well My female Ball Pythons are still kicking ,one of my friends had some medication that he brought to me...... I also emailed Dan to let him know that I have everything under control with them and this morning I checked my email and the email was sent back to me Saying that he is not accepting emails from me any longer. So I tried to call him and I guess he blocked my number. So i guess he is just chicken S***!!!! and if I offended anyone that is taking up for him then I am not sorry. you dont sell animals to anyone if there is something wrong with them unless the person buying them is aware of the conditions of the animal. I will never deal with anyone unless they are well known for good reasons only.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #36
Junkyard
William, do not apologize, if anyone is offended on behalf of Dan, they have serious issues and should seek back alley shock treatment.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #37
Kingetula
I understand dealers/breeders are pretty much a close network of people, many are friends (Or act like friends just to stay on friendly terms). Dan has made it very hard for anyone to defend him and probably a wise choice just to say nothing on his behalf. When you screw so many people there is a point Dan, that not even the Gods can save you!

Dan, even if you are right just once about someone, just once, I still wouldn't believe you or if I did, it still wouldn't change my mind about you. Maybe you should pull a trick out of your hat. Hire someone cool, take a back seat in your company and get the word out that DTS Herps is under NEW MANAGEMENT! Heck at this point you may just want to change the name as well. (Sort of fool everyone, again!)

I may be wrong, but it appears Dan that you would rather sell a sick reptile or falsely advertise a reptile so your not stuck with it or the lose money if it dies. That's the CHANCE YOU TAKE with IMPORTS DAN! You need to take that up with the people you get your snakes from, imports or people here in the states, YOU DON'T PASS them on to your customers! If the people you get your reptiles from are really sending you all these problem animals, it might be wise to FIND ANOTHER IMPORTER or DEALER! Or maybe the snakes are fine when you get them and go down hill in your care, either way you need to stop selling problem animals. Oh wait, it's not Dan's fault, it's his customers! Ok, people who want to buy from Dan at DTS Herps remember to read his fine print. If you have bad eye sight as the wording is so small you need a very, very powerful Microscope just to read it, let me blow his fine print up for you.

At DTS, DAN IS NEVER WRONG! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT YOU DIDN'T VISIT FAUNA CLASSIFIEDS AND READ THE POST'S ABOUT HIM IN THE BOI! HIS ANIMALS NEVER HAVE ISSUES AND IT'S ALWAYS YOUR FAULT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE ANIMAL YOU PICKED PURCHASED. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, NOT DAN AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DON'T CONTACT DAN BECAUSE IT'S NOT HIS PROBLEM ANYMORE, IT'S YOURS! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANKS AGAIN FOR DOING BUISNESS WITH DTS, SUCKER

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dan scolaro, dts herps