Bad Guy Justin in Floral City (Very Rude Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
BillC41087
Justin in Floral City (Very Rude Guy)

I emailed Justin out of Floral City who advertises on kingsnake to let him know in case he didn't know that it is illegal to sell wc turtles native to Florida in the state of Florida. He responded twice to the email i sent to him.

Here is the First

Flag this message
Re: Message about: Three Stripe Mud Turtles
Monday, August 31, 2009 8:35 AM
"caddiboss7234@aol.com" <caddiboss7234@aol.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
baggedhearse72@yahoo.com
im special there some of my dads breeders and he has aqueculture any more ideas ask before you speak

-----Original Message-----
To: caddiboss7234@aol.com
Sent: Sun, Aug 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Subject: Message about: Three Stripe Mud Turtles

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you
feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to
classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive
legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

I happened to come across your ads and noticed that you were selling adult
striped muds. It is illegal to sell any wc turtles that are native to the state
of florida. Only captive born animals may be sold and only sold by those with an
aquaculture license. My advice to you would be to pull the ads.

Bill

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=710207&cat=39

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 03:13 PM, Aug 30th, 2009 from I.P. Address 65.34.65.133/653465hfc133.tampabay.res.rr.com

And here is the second

Flag this message
Re: Message about: Three Stripe Mud Turtles
Monday, August 31, 2009 8:45 AM
"caddiboss7234@aol.com" <caddiboss7234@aol.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
baggedhearse72@yahoo.com

hey bill they are captive breed dont you feel stupid lol please ask before you speekthanks for telling i didnt know its only been broadcasted for the last year are more

-----Original Message-----
To: caddiboss7234@aol.com
Sent: Sun, Aug 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Subject: Message about: Three Stripe Mud Turtles

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you
feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to
classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive
legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

I happened to come across your ads and noticed that you were selling adult
striped muds. It is illegal to sell any wc turtles that are native to the state
of florida. Only captive born animals may be sold and only sold by those with an
aquaculture license. My advice to you would be to pull the ads.

Bill

I was actually going to see about purchasing some sirens from him, and out of curiosity looked at the rest of his ads. And i figured i'd try to be friendly and help him out as i try to keep on the up and up about laws. And thats how he responds. Bill Conrad

Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
PAVLOVK1025
You didnt purchase anything and he didn't stiff you...how does that warrant a bad guy thread? You didnt know whether or not he had an aquaculture license but felt free to send some advice his way, he responded rudely yes...but that doesnt necessarily make him a bad guy. Advice not asked for is not always received in kind.

Quote:
And i figured i'd try to be friendly and help him out as i try to keep on the up and up about laws. And thats how he responds
Quote:
ey bill they are captive breed dont you feel stupid lol please ask before you speekthanks for telling i didnt know its only been broadcasted for the last year are more
Seems like he already knew...

Old 09-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
DAND
If being rude warranted a BOI thread there would be quite a few of them out there with my name on them.

But...... seeing as that isn't the case (as I wipe my brow) I don't really see why this is here. You attempted to correct someone when it looks like you didn't have all the information and the person replied back with a little smart-ass attitude. Now just stop and think at how you would react if someone e-mailed you and started telling you that you were doing something wrong when you knew you weren't doing so? Would you be polite and say "I'm sorry but....." or would you have a little something other to say? Yeah, you may think twice and not do it but obviously this dude didn't and after reading his responses my guess is he is a youngster, which taking that into consideration his responses were somewhat less rude than one would expect from some +/- 20 year old. But hey Bill, thanks for playing. Oh, I'm sorry, was that rude?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
PAVLOVK1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
If being rude warranted a BOI thread there would be quite a few of them out there with my name on them.

But...... seeing as that isn't the case (as I wipe my brow) I don't really see why this is here. You attempted to correct someone when it looks like you didn't have all the information and the person replied back with a little smart-ass attitude. Now just stop and think at how you would react if someone e-mailed you and started telling you that you were doing something wrong when you knew you weren't doing so? Would you be polite and say "I'm sorry but....." or would you have a little something other to say? Yeah, you may think twice and not do it but obviously this dude didn't and after reading his responses my guess is he is a youngster, which taking that into consideration his responses were somewhat less rude than one would expect from some +/- 20 year old. But hey Bill, thanks for playing. Oh, I'm sorry, was that rude?
Cool it tough guy you're about to get a bad guy thread!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVLOVK1025 View Post
Cool it tough guy you're about to get a bad guy thread!
Gee,I"msorry

(If they start giving out bad guy threads for being sarcastic I am totally screwed.)

Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
lanceheads
My question is, why is Bill Conrad playing cop?
Does he think he is morally bound to point out that the state of Florida recently passed new law's regarding fresh-water turtles?
Maybe this guy's dad has an aquaculture license. Maybe everything he has is legal.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
My question is, why is Bill Conrad playing cop?
Does he think he is morally bound to point out that the state of Florida recently passed new law's regarding fresh-water turtles?
Maybe this guy's dad has an aquaculture license. Maybe everything he has is legal.
Bill?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
lanceheads
yeah, the OP

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
lanceheads
I see what you mean David, my bad!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!