Bad Guy Jeff and Christina Wise (Wise Reptiles) Stole Money from Benefit Auctions for Maggie - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #81
bradleymoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I am hoping that they can come on here and explain themselves, or something. This is disheartening and sad to see. I hate to hear that something like this happened and to a family (or two) that is grieving as well. SIGH.
i seriously doubt that will happen, however i'm willing to bet they'll be reading this really soon if they aren't right now... as a guest.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #82
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMarie View Post
I completely agree Willow.

I have this sinking feeling that this was no accident. It is what they planned on doing the entire time. They scammed all of us in one way or another. But what is worse, they are making Maggie's family and Rick's family relive their darkest hour.

That is the lowest of low and not excusable. The only way the money is going to get to the correct place is for us to do something about it and make the book is thrown at them.
Now I do disagree here Reagan... I do not think that, in the begining, this was their intent. I DO believe that seeing how much money and donations were coming in made them cave into their lust for wanting some of the animals being auctioned off. I am sure they thought they could get away with it.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #83
Melinda
Sometimes local news stations love to chew on these types of stories. Also, many states tax organizations have whistle blowing numbers for reporting people that are not reporting sales income. Sometimes this generates an audit.

I'm not saying anyone has not reported all their sales income, just a thought I had.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #84
Willow
Brandi I will be shocked if they come in here and explain this....and no matter what they have to say....it will be worthless

I'm all for helping out in any way as well to get this situation resolved....I donated in one of the auctions as well...and have two beautiful snakes from Jasballs....who I know for a fact is steamed by this situation....I feel like a retard for trusting them and not sending the money straight to Maggie

Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #85
garweft
Did anyone take them up on their web design service that was being PM'ed around and posted in the classifieds?

I'm guessing this was a little scam as well, but am wondering if anyone has paid for this service and if they were delivered a final product?

I think I remember some examples were given of previous work, but the only one I thought I remembered was boa republic. But looking at it really quick It seems it was done by another member here....

Old 05-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #86
zzzdanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Sometimes local news stations love to chew on these types of stories. Also, many states tax organizations have whistle blowing numbers for reporting people that are not reporting sales income. Sometimes this generates an audit.

I'm not saying anyone has not reported all their sales income, just a thought I had.
I was thinking somewhat the same thing myself.Local news would probally like to read this.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #87
Mistyck
I hear ya Willow. That's what makes it an even worse situation. It's just horrible that people who are vulnerable were used to supplement greed.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #88
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I am hoping that they can come on here and explain themselves, or something. This is disheartening and sad to see. I hate to hear that something like this happened and to a family (or two) that is grieving as well. SIGH.
There is nothing that they can say that will even come close to rectifying this horrible situation. Anything that will come out of their mouths will be for naught. Nothing they do or say will help ease the betrayal felt by Maggie, her kids, Rick, and everyone on Fauna that believed they were contributing to help those families in need during those families darkest hours.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #89
bradleymoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Did anyone take them up on their web design service that was being PM'ed around and posted in the classifieds?

I'm guessing this was a little scam as well, but am wondering if anyone has paid for this service and if they were delivered a final product?

I think I remember some examples were given of previous work, but the only one I thought I remembered was boa republic. But looking at it really quick It seems it was done by another member here....
i, too, was given a link to the boa republic site. that site looks great, however she told me something of it being done by a partner or some crap. she tried relentlessly to trade me a site worth $3500 for my male pied, even after i said i didn't really need one because i'm not producing anything right now. somewhat aggravating considering in my thread where i WAS selling a small collection, that i didn't really want any trades as i planned on going to disneyworld with the money and paying some of my mother's funeral costs.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #90
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post

I did NOT take them up on their services but, I do have some privy info regarding their web design. Yes, Christina DID mention BoaRepublic as one of her designs and it was done by someone else on this site. There was nothing unethical regarding their design other than the fact that she misrepresented that she created that site and she would not have been able to create that site on her own. The person who designed BoaRepublic has nothing to do with their web services other than mentoring the Wises on web design.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christina horn, christina wise, flint michigan, garden of eden lawn care, jeff wise, wise reptiles