Bad Guy Jared Solomon caught scamming on Facebook auction page! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #21
tikigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
To be honest Lucille, I have always thought of Jarod as being a stand up guy! Although I do not know him personally, he appears to have a decent collection of nicer animals, appears to have a nice family and somewhat successful with what ever it is he does for a living.

I personally would have loved to add a female Pastel Leopard Banana to my collection and was very much interested when I first saw his post. I would think Jared does realize the damage he has created for himself. But, there are several people here on Fauna that have screwed up royally in the past and over time have proven to be dependable. Most of them (that I can remember), were very young when they made their mistakes and got a young/stupid pass once they corrected their ways.

Jared is my age...Young/Stupid passes no longer apply.
IMO there's a huge different between a stupid move (selling a missexed animal, selling the wrong morph and trying to get away with it) and then a legitimate premeditated all out scam where he purposely purchased a snake of which could be turned into potential considerable value by blatantly lying about it's genetics and fabricating a whole sales pitch about producing it, it being a possible worlds first, etc. And them continuing to make up lies when confronted instead of coming clean. It was a total scam. A stupid pass is given to someone who makes a stupid mistake. This was a very smart scam that he obviously put a lot of time into thinking about (why else would someone purchase a desert female combo??) And he probably would have gotten away with it had he not sold the animal online and in front of an audience who knew the animal and saw it being auctioned months prior. I wouldn't be surprise if he takes the animal to the next local expo/repticon and tries to sell it again.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #22
jchausmer
Laura,
To put some minds at ease I want people to know that I am a partner in the local Cincinnati reptile show. Jared was a vendor at the show in the past but was told to not come back as a vendor or a customer due to bad business ethics. I myself also vend a lot of other local as well and the vendors there will be made aware of what he has done here. With that said if the animal is sold it wont be at a local show in Ohio or KY.

John

Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #23
tikigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchausmer View Post
Laura,
To put some minds at ease I want people to know that I am a partner in the local Cincinnati reptile show. Jared was a vendor at the show in the past but was told to not come back as a vendor or a customer due to bad business ethics. I myself also vend a lot of other local as well and the vendors there will be made aware of what he has done here. With that said if the animal is sold it wont be at a local show in Ohio or KY.

John
Thank you John, that's good to know!

Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #24
Gary Schiavino
Laura;

Nicely done!

It always amazes how some people have no problem trashing their moral compass, in order to make a quick buck.

Thanks for putting your time and effort into helping others in the community.
(Always seems to be a chondro person making things right! LOL)

Gary

Old 01-31-2015, 07:14 AM   #25
whimpyguns
nice to know that the promoters of the cincinnati, ohio, and the kentucky shows at lexington and louisville (shepardsville), are looking out for the vendors and PATRONS of their shows. thanks guys, nice that you are watching our backs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jared solomon