Sheila Topp/Shelialovesanimals BAD! BAD! VERY BAD! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #21
MGReptiles
LOL I have had dealings with this chick.. Tried to buy some animals from me and kept saying that paypal was teling her I was a fraud..lol.. And I too got about 300 emails from her(in one day).. I evben called paypal to see what the deal was and they told me my account was fine..Go figure...And yes she does act like she might well DOEs have some sort of mental problem..Keep us posted on the Uro...
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #22
ShannanD25
Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles!!!
Wonderful, UPS raised their rates? I just shipped a "2lb" box on my account and havent been billed yet. Guess that is going to be a nice surprise. Oh well, all the cost of doing business.
I wonder why Sheila hasn't responded yet. Maybe she has started taking her meds.
I do hope the Uro is okay when she arrives.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
Wilomn
Here's an interesting question that has nothing to do with this woman and her "habits" but does have to do with the "ribbing" she is recieving.

I honestly think this woman is disturbed. I mean SHOULD be under psychiatric care and if she is her doses need checking.

This is not some holierthanthou yahoo who made a mistake and lied about it. This is a serious case of mental unstability.

I don't think she's a fair target for the slings and arrows that are the daily array here. I know it's hard to resist, the comic factor is large but it is due to the rantings of an unstable woman and we are probably not helping her out by teasing her. I honestly don't think she's up to it and also believe that she just doesn't get a lot of it either.

I don't think we should pick on the truly mentally unstable.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #24
oldherper
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps
To Wes, yes you are right I forgot USPS will ship lizards under 12 inches. I have not used USPS since 1999 at my retail store so I have forgotten thier policy.

Also in this case since she sent it as christmas bulb she is in violation of the LACY ACT- since in the 1981 amendments misrepresentation and labelling were added. She is in violation becuase of the misrepresentation not the fact that the transported item is a reptile. Many people often assume it is "illegal" just because it is an animal it is "illegal".

However I do have a question about the act. What if someone doesn't label the package at all? This is a question I have been asked a few times and never though to find out myself.

Thanks
ben cole

The Lacey act requires that the package be labeled on the outside in a clearly conspicuous place a listing by scientific name and common name of each species in the box and the number of each species. If they are venomous, it requires that the box be clearly labeled as venomous reptiles. I fthe are not venomous, they should be labeled as harmless reptiles.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #25
Aprylla
Just received ANOTHER e-mail from this Sheila person, here is the entire text of it (edited of coarse due to profanity):

"f#?k you and fauna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

She sure does like those (!!!!!!!!) marks.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #26
reptiledealer
wierdo lady

does anyone have this ladys true email, if so please post or email me privatly shortfin12@att.net Thanks chris

Old 01-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #27
oldherper
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Here's an interesting question that has nothing to do with this woman and her "habits" but does have to do with the "ribbing" she is recieving.

I honestly think this woman is disturbed. I mean SHOULD be under psychiatric care and if she is her doses need checking.

This is not some holierthanthou yahoo who made a mistake and lied about it. This is a serious case of mental unstability.

I don't think she's a fair target for the slings and arrows that are the daily array here. I know it's hard to resist, the comic factor is large but it is due to the rantings of an unstable woman and we are probably not helping her out by teasing her. I honestly don't think she's up to it and also believe that she just doesn't get a lot of it either.

Normally, I'd agree with you. In fact, I agree in this case, too. But.....she DID come in here with both guns blazing spouting some ridiculous dribble about Ben...and then put her email on autopilot. So she sort of opened herself up to it. I do think we should kind of take it easy on her, though. Well, unless she gives us something else to latch on to.......you're right, though....it's VERY hard to resist....such an easy target....

Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 PM   #28
Aprylla
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn

You know, I do sort of feel bad for her in a way, it IS very obvious that she is unstable at the least. I honestly also believe that she is emotionally disturbed. IMO, I have had some expereince with people with multiple personaility disorder and she seems to fit that catagory based on the e-mails I have received. She is weepy and sad in some, and she signs those "Shelia" and in the angry, profanity-filled ones, she signs those "Mrs. Topp". Interesting.

I think after I receive the lizard and see its condition, I may place a call to her local animal control folks (I have her address, phone # etc.) and see if they may want to go have a look-see at her and the condition of her animals. For all I (we) know, this may be a disturbed "collector/hoarder" like we have seen so many of on the Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet. She certainly fits the profile from the e-mails I have received.

Does anyone here have contacts at the animal control or hummane society of Clay County, Florida? She is in Orange Park, Fl, which I believe to be Clay County. If anyone knows someone that works for aniaml control or humane society there, please PM me privately. If this person *happened* to be a "hoarder" reporting her may be a good step to helping out some animals in distress. If she keeps reptiles (and has the screen name of:sheilalovesanimals) I bet she keeps many types of animals.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #29
jglass38
Sheila,

If you are reading this thread, I have the cure to all of your problems. First, go out into your garage. No need to open the door, you wont be going anywhere. Next, get in your car. Put the key in the ignition and turn until the engine starts. Now just sit back and think happy thoughts. You are getting sleepy...sleepy...sleepy

Wasn't that easy? You are a creep and a mentally disturbed loony.

Suicide is the answer sweetheart. Believe me, nobody will miss you. Now go die, skank.

Was that too harsh?

Jamie

Aprylla, I hope that the Uro arrives safely. They are such wonderful little animals and I love having mine around. Please don't refuse the package just in case it is still alive.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #30
reptiledealer
Aprylla Hall please send me her email i whould like to contact her thanks chris Ps i may have a contact in that area i can give you info for thanks chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!