Inquiry Jeff Ronne Boaphile Plastics in business still? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
bulletinjection
Jeff Ronne Boaphile Plastics in business still?

I ordered a rack from Jeff a week ago, but I have not had any sort of confirmation email other than from paypal. I E-mailed him 4 days ago but have had no response, and when I call no one answers. Is this guy still in business or what. I see him posting snakes and other shenanigans on facebook every day so I know he isn't dead. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletinjection View Post
I ordered a rack from Jeff a week ago, but I have not had any sort of confirmation email other than from paypal. I E-mailed him 4 days ago but have had no response, and when I call no one answers. Is this guy still in business or what. I see him posting snakes and other shenanigans on facebook every day so I know he isn't dead. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it.
You ordered a rack. Got it. Can you please post correspondence, email, text ext? Did you engage him on FB?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
Chris Kennard
"etc"...

Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
bulletinjection
He is not posting anything on his business page. Only his personal facebook, which I have not messaged him on. This was my e-mail to him:
I didn't receive any confirmation on my order on 9/1/17 and just wanted to make sure everything was processing.
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Simple and to the point? I didn't want to muddy his personal facebook with business messages so I have not gone that avenue, yet. I haven't heard a word from Jeff so that is it.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #5
DavidBeard
Even when he was in business full steam it might take a few months to get your rack....so who knows, if you're in a hurry you went to probably the worst place in the hobby.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
ljsreptiles
Yeah, I've ordered a few times from him. Never got confirmations on anything. I always waited about a month to call him. Still had to wait, but always got my product. If you needed it fast, not the right company.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
Michael Brown
If it is any consolation he is pretty consistent. Takes a long time to get your product, but people are generally satisfied. I would not get too bent out of shape not hearing back from him for a bit. You still have a few months ahead of you.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
RaceSanchez
^^ Agree,

I've ordered 2, 5stack's from Ron. This was back on 2004-06, Time frame looks to be the same today as back then! Well worth the wait tho = )

Old 09-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
JCCS
I have always said that caging is one product that you should almost never need on an emergency basis. You can almost always anticipate collection growth. I know that we are a not an "on demand" consumer society but quality takes time. He makes the absolute best cages for the money of anyone in the industry, imo. If you don't know you're going to need an extra rack or cage 6 weeks in advance, you need to look at how you're running your collection because somewhere, you're doing it wrong.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
bulletinjection
I ordered it 7 weeks in advance of when I actually need it to avoid an 'emergency'. So you are saying months of no communication or notification of any received payment and your product just showed up? I'll call three more times today and see if I get through.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!