What will happen if I.... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #41
Omnomnami
What I find sad is that when I take Deborah and Shadera off of my ignore list and check out my CP to see what kind of Karma I'm receiving, guess who has been leaving me bad karma? ONLY Shadera and Deborah, nobody else. I haven't received a single bad karma from anyone else since I have started coming here. And the even sadder thing is that half of those bad karma points is just them asking me a question. Hence the reason why I went on Deborah's profile and asked her to please ask those questions directly instead of through bad karma.

I've learned that the ignore button does wonders for people who are sour towards someone from the get go. Mmmm...peace and quiet. Now I'll go get my umbrella...I sense a downpour of virtual hate coming my way. n.n

Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #42
hhmoore
I didn't incorporate the full message, but perhaps further explanation would have helped. Regardless of your experience with snakes, you have been a member on this site for 6 yrs...and you have alluded to participating on other forums. You've been around long enough to know how to do a search, and mentions of various genetics calculators/wizards are common in the "what do I get" type threads.
I also acknowledged that I could see how Deborah's comment could be considered abrasive...but that I thought your response was disproportionate. Maybe that's because I understood the points she was making, and because I know that she thinks people should be a little more proactive in their learning attempts - researching instead of just asking, especially for the really basic stuff (that could be generational, as I feel the same way).
It's no secret that I consider Deborah a friend; but, then, neither is it a secret that I've come down pretty hard on her when I thought she was out of line.
I know you two have had issues, which is why I suggested that responding as you did might not be the best idea. I'm sure that the readers of this thread will fall into a few different categories - the ones that think Deborah was out of line from the start, the ones that think you overreacted, the ones that think less of both of you based on what they've seen here, and the ones that shake their heads and wonder why situations like this keep turning up.

This was a simple beginner's type post, and now there's a full page of back and forth + some ill feelings...all over a question that was asked and answered.
Not everybody is going to like you, and nobody expects you to like everybody...but what's the point in getting oneself worked up over it? It's the internet. A little self control is all it takes to pretend they aren't even there - which, btw, is what I'm going to do with this thread. I knew getting involved in any capacity was a bad idea, right from the start.
Click.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #43
joseydiann
"I consider Deborah a friend"
I figured that much from the get-go!

Yeah I may have opened this account 6 years ago but I left and didn't come back for years too. Not only that I don't "lay" on this site literally 24/7 like "some" people do! A month or weeks might go by before I log back on here.

And no I guess I don't find and use the search, I just go through page after page one at a time reading all the titles looking for that info and I didn't see any!

"I know you two have had issues, which is why I suggested that responding as you did might not be the best idea." (Did a mod send her friendly heads up that maybe she should be so rude and insulting?)
Nope, I was just to sit back and take it huh, all because "you know that she thinks people should be a little more proactive in their learning attempts" so it's ok for her to treat people like that, it's ok for her to insult who ever she likes? Because she has an excuse because she thinks this and she thinks that? Pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!

Well I'm glad you understood the point she was making and you agree with her or feel the same way!
However I feel real sorry for the next poor fool that comes along with the "simple" and "basic" questions or questions about genetics!

But anyway I'm not all worked up, I'm perfectly calm!
Point is she had no right coming on my thread slinging insults right and left, yet something gets said to me about it because I have a response.

Well no harm done here, I am getting what I came for after all through email with the ones that do care!
No hatin' going on here and I have no bad feeling towards you Harald!

Lol omg you too Nichole? Wow, I thought they were just hitting me with the BK like that. Well I don't feel alone now, but yeah Shadera is really good about that, I totally let it go and ignored it till today! And believe me no hate will come from that..

Anyway I going to go spend more hours trying to learn genetics!
Thanks for the help guys!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #44
Omnomnami
Good luck with your research! Hopefully you will find some good stuff buried in Google. If I find any good links I'll be sure to post them. Oh! Calculators like these: http://geneticcalculator.traxxtec.de/en/rechner.aspx can be pretty fun to dink around with when it comes to genetics...

Old 11-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #45
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
harald harald harald, i must say i usually agree with you but i cant say i do or dont now. when i first started on this site you were very kind to me and pm me the do and don'ts of this site. now im sure as a mod you have had to do that a lot right? so my point is is if your getting sick of it why do it. i personally know if i get sick of answering questions or trying to help wether it be a sale or not its time to get out. i think the problem is not that she could have looked around the web first but she came here. she trusted the incite of all of us. i said chewed because the comments where just not called for. wether deb and amanda like each other or not there is no need for the insulting comments. i do agree that i would think twice about buying a het from amanda but usually i would ask what the pairing was first anyway. look at it this way though, she could have breed them and just sold them not knowing. instead she came here to make sure. that should get some merit no? please do not take this post the wrong way im not here to fight. i just wouldn't want to get a answer like that if i started a post here. i just think we all forget that at some point we all had to ask the same questions. maybe amanda is a little late(as far as trying to breed first) but she did ask. we should all be here to help the herp community. the fight is with jonny law not are fellow herpers. any who harald i still always love getting your opinion and hope this does not cause bad blood between us.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #46
Miss Tuniwha
Ok.. I have read this. Amanda, do you not understand the frustration people might have?? Yes, Debs post was a bit terse.. but .. that's Deb.. And before you jump in, thinking I am best buddies and saying it was all peachy keen, take a peek through a few of the threads on here.. Deb and I have had our share of disagreements..

The issue is this.. If you have 2 snakes, and don't wan to do a 5 minute google search... what are you gonna do when the eggs are laid? Are you already prepared? Do you have the proper incubating substrate? Do you know the temperatures?? Are you prepared to cull a deformed baby???

Do you know how to properly sex the snakes??

There are A LOT of things you need to know before you try to produce babies!!!

I think a lot of people are having some issues with people these days wanting to breed everything and anything.. Without doing proper RESEARCH.. and not caring about strengthening the lines.. they just want to make babies..

That irks a LOT of people.. because now there will be more snakes around, with crappy genetics.. etc etc..

Like last year, one lady was so proud of her crap brown pastels.. WHAT?? She said they were so cheap everyone could get one.. .. guess what people now will breed? those crappy brown pastels..

MANY people that are "breeding" these days don't know crap about what they have.. and aren't doing the research..

So stop getting your panties in a bunch because someone talked to you as an adult, and not as a 5 year old.. Do some research.. Take charge of what you are doing.. not just posting your questions and letting others do the work for you..

And yes, others post genetics questions.. but they are more like.. "what will a killer bee and a mystic potion make"... .. um.. those are a little different from yours.. You chose 2 of the most simplistic genes.. that are VERY easy to understand.. a codom, and a recessive.. and if you do not know those at the basic.. you should NOT be breeding them..

Its like taking a mutt.. off the street.. that you don't know what it is.. and breeding it.. WHY the heck would you do that??? You don't even know what the babies will be?!?!.. Now if you did research, tracked down the genetics, then figured out what it was.. and what the babies would be.. that is another story..

Yes fauna is here to help.. give tips, and point in the right direction.. It has helped many people over the years, myself included.. .. but you need to realize that "breeding" when you don't know crap about what you have, is gonna be a touchy subject.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #47
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
ok i have to agree brandi that you should look at the whole picture of breeding before you do it. there is alot more involed then just putting two snakes together.

but i do disagree with the mutt comment and heres why. how many snake are imported that could be mutts and have to be proved out to find some hidden gene? how many times have you heard some one putting this to that and getting something completely new? you use the crappy brown pastels but whos to say that someone doesn't like the brown. what about choc pastels i have one and think its great. i even hope to make coco bees this year. and all the same mutts need love too. every snake not matter what size or color is different in its own way. dont get me wrong i dont agree with breeding a sick or unhealthy animal but i dont think thats what amanda was doing. she just wants help so if your worried about it just help her. if not there no need to get your panties in a bunch either.lol

also the talk to you as an adult comment. i dont remember rude comments as adult talk. i always thought it was do unto others as you wish others to do unto you.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman25 View Post
also the talk to you as an adult comment. i dont remember rude comments as adult talk. i always thought it was do unto others as you wish others to do unto you.
The OP has been way more out of line than any comments by Deb. If someone can't see that, they obviously came in here leaning to one side and aren't willing to put that aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnami View Post
What I find sad is that when I take Deborah and Shadera off of my ignore list and check out my CP to see what kind of Karma I'm receiving, guess who has been leaving me bad karma? ONLY Shadera and Deborah, nobody else. I haven't received a single bad karma from anyone else since I have started coming here. And the even sadder thing is that half of those bad karma points is just them asking me a question. Hence the reason why I went on Deborah's profile and asked her to please ask those questions directly instead of through bad karma.

I've learned that the ignore button does wonders for people who are sour towards someone from the get go. Mmmm...peace and quiet. Now I'll go get my umbrella...I sense a downpour of virtual hate coming my way. n.n
Yes, it does work wonders. What I find sad is that someone takes up so much time fretting over a comment someone left on their online profile. And please, look up the meaning of "rhetorical question". But it's okay, you're young, you've got a ton of maturing to do. I'm not insulted by your comments because you're a child.

Know what I was doing at your age, almost twenty years ago? I was in boot camp. Doing stuff most women, and most people for that matter, haven't got the guts to do. I'm proud of where I've been, the things I've done. And no teenybopper on a reptile forum will ever change the person I am.

And for the record, most of that karma was probably for you standing up for a guy who's been shown to lie, deceive, and steal. In one breath you would claim you never saw proof and had read everything, then when confronted with proof you'd backpeddle and say you'd missed that part. It's pathetic is what it is. Speaking of the ignore function, I need to go add a person or two who've proven to me that they don't have anything of merit to add to a conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Not only that I don't "lay" on this site literally 24/7 like "some" people do! A month or weeks might go by before I log back on here.
Who cares what someone else does with their free time? Myself, I'm retired. Who cares if I spend a few minutes of each hour perusing the forums as I take a break from something else I'm doing. I have a nice place to live, the money I need to buy stuff I want, and we pay a hefty sum in taxes each year. I do a ton of extracurricular stuff, not the least of which is volunteer work. I'm just not the kind of person who feels like I need to share every gory detail of my life with strangers on the internet. I think people should be more concerned with how they are spending their time.

And for the record, you're no angel either. After I left you that karma comment, since I hadn't posted to this thread yet you ran to my most recent post to send me negative karma in return. And here's the post worthy of a negative..
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...54#post1137454

But even though it's clearly retaliatory, I don't whine publicly about karma that's left for me. I'm a bit too grown for that. You two play childish well enough for the masses.

And that's my last comments here. I'm not gonna continue to argue with a couple kids. I've actually got better things to do. Just wanted to set the record straight and not leave things hanging with only half the story, and a bit skewed at that.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #49
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman25 View Post
but i do disagree with the mutt comment and heres why. how many snake are imported that could be mutts and have to be proved out to find some hidden gene? how many times have you heard some one putting this to that and getting something completely new? you use the crappy brown pastels but whos to say that someone doesn't like the brown. what about choc pastels i have one and think its great. i even hope to make coco bees this year. and all the same mutts need love too. every snake not matter what size or color is different in its own way. dont get me wrong i dont agree with breeding a sick or unhealthy animal but i dont think thats what amanda was doing. she just wants help so if your worried about it just help her. if not there no need to get your panties in a bunch either.lol

I didn't get my panties in a bunch. I was trying to explain why she got some attitude. And if you look back.. i was the person that actually, straight up answered her question.

The mutt comment was a general analogy. By the by.. I don't play with the imports.. and usually the people that do, are well into this hobby and KNOW what they are doing.. .. they are also willing to hold back, and prove out the genetics and so on..

Brown snake are fine.. if they are meant to be brown.. but low grade is low grade.. that is just someone being cheap.. go back and find the thread.. you will see there is a big difference..

And yes.. as I said.. Debs comment was terse.. but for Deb, that is her adult talk.. a persons personality DOES come into play here.. People will not always sugar coat, or pretend to be who they aren't just because someone might think they are rude..

As I mentioned, Deb and I often butt heads.. but we both know that it is not personal, it is merely different views/personalities etc..

Old 11-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Brandi don't get me wrong I'm not attacking you. The panties in a buch comment was a joke so please don't take it wrong
as far as low grade that's opion who's to say that's not the next big thing. After all most morphs are mutts in there own way.
Again please don't take me wrong I love all herps in any color or grade.
Also I'm not telling deb to be fake but if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!