First babies of the 2013 season! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Tenor Goddess
First babies of the 2013 season!

My first babies for this year have finally hatched!

I walked in to see an egg had slit and the baby's nose was poking through. I sat down to video it and it was my first time witnessing the sibling egg in that clutch start to sweat and pip! Always an exciting adventure!

Happy Birthday little ones!!! This is the start to a fantastic season! Every egg is special.

Snow het Diablo Blanco

This kid is either a Blanco het DB or a Diablo Blanco - will know with checking eye color in a few weeks!

I enjoy every minute of working with these kiddos. More than geckos coming this year but so excited to see what comes of my holdback leos this year!!

Enjoy!

Amanda Rose

Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Kristi23
Congrats on the babies!

Quick question. How do you know the bottom one is blizzard? I just started working with diablo blancos and I'm not sure what the first baby is. Any help would be great. TIA.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Tenor Goddess
Greetings Kristi!

Well I won't know if the bottom baby is a Blanco het DB or a Diablo Blanco as they all appear to have reddish eyes when born. It takes a bit for eye color to develop to see if they have solid red eyes, snake eyes or albino eyes.

Technically, from what I've been told and read, they are not blizzards. The DBs and Blancos are their own thing, that came from the crossing of a Tremper Albino Blazing Blizzard and a Raptor. Per Ron Tremper, to date, no Blazing Blizzard has ever come out with red eyes.

So basically in a few weeks time, if this kiddo has normal colored albino eyes, it is a Blanco het DB (it is het DB because the mother is a DB).
If this kid has two solid red eyes or partial red eyes (snake eyes), it is a DB.

Fantastic morph to work with. Out of the ones I produced last year, I got 2 males and 3 females. One of the females is the perfect example, being solid white with two perfect ruby eyes. Her holdback sister has snake eyes and just a touch of yellow down her back. The third female had a lot of yellow, looking like most of my Blancos did and snake eyes. All gorgeous to me.
The males also had barely any yellow at all, both having snake eyes.

I have some DB eggs from my holdbacks in the incubator now and can't wait to see them!!! Since the yellow can be removed through selective breeding, I am hoping for a higher count of solid white babies this year. ;D

Have fun and feel free to PM me or get me on FB (under Amanda Rose ARReptiles) or email me. I love to share info with others, and what I don't have an answer for, I'm more than happy to help you research.
email: tenorgoddess2009@gmail.com

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
Congrats on the babies!

Quick question. How do you know the bottom one is blizzard? I just started working with diablo blancos and I'm not sure what the first baby is. Any help would be great. TIA.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Kristi23
Thank you for the reply. I already knew about the eyes. It's the hatchling body color that confuses me. I assumed they would hatch white.

I hatched this baby from giant enigma het eclipse/tremper/blizzard x giant tremper het eclipse/blizzard.

I assumed that it was a nova, but it didn't look like any nova I hatched before.

Here it is after it shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!