Help identifying a morph - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
rcpreis3
Well atleast u know shes for sure het pied. And the mystery baby is a nice bonus!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
rcpreis3
I was looking more closely and u might have a yellowbelly there. Got belly pics?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
holtzinger76
I agree on the yellow belly looked totally different when coiled and part of the problem is het pieds are sometimes very awesome in their own right. Please post some post shed pics when you get them that may help immensely. You might also check for tracks on all the babys bellies and get a good idea if they are all het pied. Might just be one of those rockin het pieds either way I would hold onto it if I were you hope its a girl

Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
dustinNMpythons
The belly doesn't mean it's a het pied though, train tracks are unreliable. The only way to know for sure is to know the parents.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #15
holtzinger76
Very true but if I were told by the breeder it was a pied and all baby's had tracks I would surmise it was a pied. Not at all saying I would in turn sell them as such I would just use that for my information only and may let a prospective buyer know. If there is no other reasonable explanation and said breeder says only had a pied male with her once still you almost couldn't say 100% het pied.

To the OP. There is also the possibility of sperm retention from last season you might want to ask the breeder if she had been bred last year and if it took and to what. Of course if he's not sure what he had with her this year doubt he will remember last but it's worth a shot.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
dustinNMpythons
Yeah I had similar situation with the female het clown I got in. I got 6 babies 3 clowns 3 hets but since I didn't actually do the breeding I couldn't 100% say I know for a fact they are 100% hets so I priced them in between 66% hets and 100% hets. OP Good luck with whatever you do and I hope you do get an answer from the breeder.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
abbie7498
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
Why is he mad, if it's because he sold you snakes that were gravid and is mad that he didn't get the eggs then that's kind of lousy if you sell the snakes you should be willing to help your customer with any questions they have it's called good customer service
I agree on the customer service part! I should say though, my comment about him being upset is purely speculation due to the fact that he hasn't replied to my emails for the last 3 days. I guess, to be fair, I should give him more time.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #18
abbie7498
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtzinger76 View Post
To the OP. There is also the possibility of sperm retention from last season you might want to ask the breeder if she had been bred last year and if it took and to what. Of course if he's not sure what he had with her this year doubt he will remember last but it's worth a shot.
Hopefully, I can get him to return my emails at all. His website says he was planning on 90 clutches this year and a lot of what he was doing seemed to be with pastel pieds and paastel het pieds.

I don't see any yellow belly signs but will snap some belly pictures, and others, after it sheds. Thanks for the responses!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #19
missandrea
I wouldn't be selling those babies if it were me. I would for sure keep the odd looking one and see what happens as it ages. I would also be interested to see what the other babies prove out to be.
I would also give the breeder a chance. I know how crazy it can be and even spending just 5-10 minutes writing an email for someone who bought a snake from me can be more than I have time for. Especially if I had told the person what they were now asking when I sold them the snake. But in time, I get to all of my emails, and answer them to my fullest extent possible.
He may be upset about you getting a clutch, but he did sell the snake. And all that goes with it, including the eggs. He should still have customer service and answer your questions.
Either way, I'd keep the babies!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!