Possible RI please help!?!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
Cswift
Possible RI please help!?!?

I have a het albino female Darwin Carpet Python when I received her via shipping ( from a very reputable dealer) she had a slight wheeze. Now it’s 2 months later she eats like a chainsaw and she’s she’s twice but she still makes the noise wtf could it be?!?!? She has no discharge or cheesey stuff in her mouth or throat and also no gapping . Please help!!

Old 06-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
bcr229
You have had her for two months? Why have you not taken her to the vet yet if you are concerned?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
Cswift
My local exotic vet just re opened. Also as I said before there are no health issue with the snake. No discharge , no breathing issue, no gaping , no straight neck nothing. Just when she starts hitting and puffing it makes a different noise.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
Cswift
Listen 👂

I attached a video where you can kind of hear her . It’s so weird though I have dealt with RI before and there is always other symptoms , also like I said she eats every week shit every 5 days if you let her . She also sheds perfectly every time she’s shed twice already !

Old 06-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Nothing personal, but I'm not going to download an attached file, so I haven't seen the video.

I would take a reptile to a vet especially if symptoms were inconclusive; more advanced diagnostics would easily eliminate the worry of RI.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #7
Cswift
Alright thank you I will do so.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
E.Shell
If you have other animals, I'd suggest practicing isolation procedures to prevent spreading of whatever it might be. Wash hands between handling, no common tools, keep animals separated as far as possible, etc...

Old 06-26-2020, 01:19 AM   #9
Cswift
Thank you everyone

Old 04-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
cemerton
Same Issue

I had the exact same issue. In fact, two vets to do me there was nothing wrong with my snake when there clearly is a wheezing sound that comes and goes.

It’s been a year. No other symptoms. I’m on vet #3 and at least this one took a culture. What happened with yours?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carpet python, health issue, respiratory infection