R. P. Manni - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
trisha
R. P. Manni

I have 4 of them. Between 4-5 inches 1male and 3 females.
I have them inside for now. In a area about 4x4ft and a container about 10 in by 6in and 5in deep for their water. 3 of them love the water and live in it. They will go outside when spring comes. I have them inside so I can find out their quirks, to see who is eating what they are eating and to get them use to people. Wondering about the things the care sheets don't tell you. How big do they get when they are ready for breeding? I have them in cypress mulch and pine bark mixed. As it is on the floor, I didn't want to add dirt. Carpet is underneath it to keep it off the floor.
How often do you feed them? What is the best habitate for them?
I also just received a malaysian box turtle. Same thing with her.
She is in a 50 gal tote. She was more of a rescue to get her out of a pet store that had her in a 10 gal. aquariam with a small water dish and garbage for food. What is the best food for her? She is eating crickets, turtle food, snails, and I feed her bananas when I want to give calcium and vit d3. About once a day. All of them are WC. Figured I would get this forum going without a poll.
Don't have a tortoise yet.

Old 03-06-2003, 01:17 AM   #2
DarrellS
World Chelonian Trust

The above URL is to a site that hosts a care sheet for this species (and 50 others) which may be a help to you. Just click care sheets and go to Ornate Wood Turtle (Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima)

Hope this helps

Darrell

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!