"GIRL" question.. heads up! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
MikeCurtin
Without being a woman, I give you this advice: With something as major as this it could NEVER hurt to have a second or perhaps a third opinion. Best wishes and I hope everything goes well.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
ok. I am 27. have endometriosis, amongst a ton of other health issues..

Long story short.. I just had a consult, and now have an appointment in about 3 weeks to have a full hysterectomy.

This is kinda a big thing, and there is no guarantee it will help.

The reason I post this, is to hear stories, good or bad of peoples hysterectomies.

ESPECIALLY ones that had them due to Endometriosis..

I thank you in advance.. I admit I am nervous. and I am not easily unnerved.

lol

and I also apologize to anyone that reads this and goes EEEEWWWW.. lol

Well, nobody really knows this, but that is the one of the reasons we got rid of a bunch of our animals. My wife was having a ton of problems and after months of going to the doctor she was diagnosed with endometriosis. She was having lots of pain, bleeding etc. She was unable to help me clean cages etc. Then they decided to do surgery after tons of useless medications. She feels 100% better and said she is very happy she had the operation. At first they were going to do a partial, but they decided to do a full. So there is light at the end of the tunnel Brandi!!!

Heck, now we are looking at getting back into our ball python breeding. Well, maybe after my ankle surgery.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #13
Miss Tuniwha
Thanks Bill, and everyone else.. I have been doing a lot of question asking.. and 90% of the answers ended up saying that getting gutted out made life enjoyable again.

I am keeping my hopes high that this will actually help. I have been doing the.. DR thing for soooo many years now..

all it did was waste money, and make me suffer more..

I truly hope this helps, and I greatly appreciate that you all are so understanding!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #14
Laura Fopiano
Brandi, I just went through that too. If you recall I had my surgery back in May.

You're gonna feel so much better. Get my number next time your in chat and call me any time.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano View Post
Brandi, I just went through that too. If you recall I had my surgery back in May.

You're gonna feel so much better. Get my number next time your in chat and call me any time.
yes.. I remember.. and werent there some serious complications..??

this isnt just a .. YOULL BE FINE thread.. LOL..

I wanna know risks also..

Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #16
LadyOhh
Brandi,

I agree that you may need a second opinion.

Do you ever want kids?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #17
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
Brandi,

I agree that you may need a second opinion.

Do you ever want kids?

I dont.. my issues are genetic.. I see it unfair to pass that on, knowing how much strife it has given me over the years.

the second opinion.. this is about the third now. I was directed to the surgeon from another doctor.. and another. HA HA HA..

this is the LAST option.. I have done ALLLLL other options for this.. already gone thru menopause, that didnt help, had one surgery, that did nothing, birth control pills.. nothing..

last step is this.. and thats where I am at..

I have no doubt about DOING the surgery.. I am just.. plain.. nervous.. and curious of others experiences.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
Amspoet67
Brandi,

I hope everything works out ok for you.

About 20 years ago when I was 21 I had ovarian cancer. Like you I got 3 opinions. My first Surgery they only did a partial hysterectomy but three weeks later they discovered they needed to go back in and complete the hysterectomy as well as take my appendix. Granted this was twenty years ago so I'm surgery has come a long way. But, because of the surgeries I am now having abdominal complications, from the scar tissue (adhesions). You may want to ask the surgeons what the complications may be and if there are any precautions they can take to prevent these adhesions. Mine are severe so I'm in constant pain, I can not sit or stand for long periods of time and have to very careful about what I eat. Also, when I was going through this none of the doctors would give me a difinitive answer as to what the long term effects would be for hormone replacement treatment. Most women would only be on it for about 20 years, I would have had to gone anywhere from 40 to 60 so I chose not to take it. I still get the usual symptoms like hot flashes and irritability etc....

Will you have to go through any chemotherapy? Like I said I'm sure it's come a long way since my treatment, but that came along with it's own problems, which I won't go through unless you'll be going through it.

Again I hope everything works out for you.

Anna
www.homegrownherps.com
www.flickr.com/amspoet67

Old 11-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
Miss Tuniwha
Dang Anna, I am really sorry to hear what you are going thru! I asked a good share, and tuesday we are having the second consult.. the one where hubby has to come.. and he has an actually LIST of questions.. literally!!

no chemo. I didnt even know they ever did that.

from what I gather, the main risk will be if I dont move enough after I could develop clots . not sure.. I will find out tuesday.. when hubby goes overkill on the paranoia meter.. which is good I know LOL

Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #20
Amspoet67
I'm glad about the no chemo cause losing your hair is no fun. Most people don't realize you also lose your eyebrows and eyelashes too. I looked pretty creepy looking back now but being 21 I didnt think it was too funny. I see you just cut your hair and it's too pretty to lose.

Definitely bring a list because for some reason whenever I would go to the doctor, I would draw a blank.

One good thing and this is vanity talking after my first surgery my tummy was real flat.

Anna
www.homegrownherps.com
www.flickr.com/amspoet67

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!