1,000 Birds Fall from Arkansas Sky in Hitchcockian Scene - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
maybe the military was testing some new sonic force weaponry or electromagnetic weapon..

that was the first thought that crossed my mind but I do tend to have thoughts that wander.
I seen somewhere where a bunch of dolphins beached up dead in Texas with what appeared to be burns. HAARP aka High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program is some scary chit.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #12
scarnicom
It is scary, And crazy!!! Just what will they think of next?
And speaking of yahoo, did anyone happen to see That huge cave and other series of caves these explorers found in Vietnam? They said it is big enough to hold a New York block including a skyscraper! The pictures are just astounding!!! Absolutely beautiful! Check it out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...ves-in-vietnam

Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Dozens of jackdaws found dead in Sweden

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110105/...den_dead_birds

"Dozens of jackdaws found dead in Sweden"

STOCKHOLM – Officials say about 50 birds have been found dead on a street in Sweden.

Veterinarian Robert ter Horst says the cause of jackdaws' deaths was unclear but that fireworks were set off near the scene Tuesday night.

The birds were found dead on Wednesday.

Ter Horst says cold weather, difficulties finding food and possible shock from the fireworks could be responsible, leading to the stressed birds either dying from the stress or being run over by vehicles.

Five of the dead jackdaws found in the city of Falkoping were being tested.

Mass bird deaths aren't uncommon.

In the U.S., New Year's Eve fireworks were blamed in Arkansas for killing thousands of blackbirds, and a few days later power lines likely killed about 450 birds in Louisiana.

so as we can see from that last line, even though the deaths just happened, they've already come out with the story to explain it. Ok, I can buy the fireworks may have scared them to death but then how come this doesn't happen every new years and 4th of July?
things that make you go hmmmmm

Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #14
snowgyre
It won't happen during the 4th of July because birds are breeding and are not traveling in huge flocks. As for New Years, I'm not so sure. I guess conditions have to be right. Keep in mind that these birds can't see at night, and it's very easy for them to fly into things. Guy wires around electrical and radio towers kill thousands of birds a year... sometimes hundreds in a single night. Just because it doesn't make the news doesn't mean that birds don't drop out of the sky sometimes.

I don't know enough about the area to make a guess what could have affected the fish. Drum are bottom feeders, but they're also pretty sensitive to disturbance. If anybody has gone fishing they'll know that drum are like herring... they die if you sneeze on them. Who knows what happened. It could be something as simple as a sudden change in temperature.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
SamanthaJane13
I'm not a holy roller by any means, but this sounds like a plague of Biblical proportions to me!!

As in "Set my people free!", serpents, boils, and the Nile running red with blood.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
I'm not a holy roller by any means, but this sounds like a plague of Biblical proportions to me!!

As in "Set my people free!", serpents, boils, and the Nile running red with blood.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Have you ever thought that maybe we're following scripts to the greatest story ever told?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
SamanthaJane13
Never doubted it for a minute...

Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
scarnicom
Quote:
Have you ever thought that maybe we're following scripts to the greatest story ever told?
That is a very interesting end different way to look at life. I have never heard someone say that before.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarnicom View Post
That is a very interesting end different way to look at life. I have never heard someone say that before.

It seems to me that "the powers that be" are doing all they can to fulfill biblical prophecies from behind the curtains.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
It seems to me that "the powers that be" are doing all they can to fulfill biblical prophecies from behind the curtains.
I believe that if the powers that be really know of an impending disaster, their top priority (actually their ONLY priority) will be to try to save their own butts. They will try to justify it by claiming that it is imperative that "government" continue uninterrupted, regardless of how few peons will still survive afterwards. They will believe that their own self importance is all that really should matter to everyone else.

And knowing this, and how we peons would react, it would all have to be in complete secrecy, otherwise they would be afraid of us not recognizing their importance and resenting their efforts on "our behalf" for the future of this planet. We are just stupid cattle that couldn't appreciate their sacrifices for us. With limited resources, OF COURSE they should get first dibs... Whatever would we DO without their leadership?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!