Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 67 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #331
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_Balls View Post
Does anybody know where this form can be found? I click the link and it says it may have been deleted or moved.
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...ion.pdf?link=4

Old 10-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #332
Aj_Balls
Thank you very much.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #333
Aj_Balls
Just another quick question, what does the form mean by "Product Name" and "Model No."?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:06 AM   #334
Rextiles
I thought that this email attachment I received from my Fedex rep. might help clarify their own "howto" in getting certified.

Quote:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SHIPPING LIVE REPTILE AND AMPHIBIAN DOMESTICALLY

THE FOLLOWING MUST HAPPEN PRIOR TO AGREEING TO ACCEPT ANY LIVE REPTILE AND AMPHIBIAN SHIPMENTS:

1. Customer’s packaging must be reviewed and approved by FedEx Packaging Design and Development (“Packaging Lab”).

Fill out an Application for Test Services. This Application is available in e-mail bulletin board under Packaging (subject: Application for Test Services), from logos (#118598) or by the following link: http://images.fedex.com/us/services/...pplication.pdf

Send the Application, along with the packaging to be evaluated and tested, to:

FedEx Packaging Design and Development
2856 Directors Cove
Memphis, TN 38131

If you have any questions for the Packaging Lab, you can contact them at 1-800-633-7019.

2. The Packaging Lab will review the application, evaluate, then test the packaging. They will send a letter to the customer (with a copy to the account executive, Senior Manager of the station for the customer’s area and the Field Packaging Engineer) advising if their packaging has been approved or not.

If the packaging has been approved, the Account Executive must then have the customer sign a Waiver of Liability for Reptile and Amphibian Domestic Shipments. You can obtain a waiver by sending a copy of the approved test packaging report to Angela Raburn (asraburn@fedex.com).

After the Waiver has been fully executed (the Account executive can execute on behalf of FedEx), a copy must be kept in the customer’s file maintained by the Account Executive, an original returned to Angela Raburn and a copy (along with the approved test packaging report) must be faxed to the Animal Control Desk (773) 601-0545 or sent to the following address:

FedEx/Animal Control Desk
O’Hare International Airport/Building 612
Chicago, IL 60666-0004

If the packaging is not approved, the customer must make modifications to their packaging and resubmit.

A list of approved shippers by account number are kept on TAO bulletin boards.

For marine life the bulletin board is: Marine life-Waivers.

For reptile the bulletin board is: Reptiles-Waivers (we don’t take any kind of venomous reptiles even on an exception basis).

For insects the bulletin board is: Insect-Waivers.

WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY REPTILE, MARINE LIFE OR INSECT SHIPMENTS WITHOUT THE ABOVE PROCEDURES IN PLACE.
This was sent directly to my rep. (who then forwarded it to me) from Angela Raburn (Fedex Legal Dept.) upon my discussion with her about my own current process of getting certified.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #335
Jerry_c_62
Just throwing this out for input. I have been approved by the package testing department as far as that goes. However, it seems to me I may be getting a "run around" from the people between me and final approval. I got the report that my package passed a week and a half ago. My "Account Rep." has not contacted me at all. I have been in touch with another person that "says" they have sent e-mails to my rep to get things going. I still have not seen or gotten called at all as far as the final paperwork goes. I have given them my fax number and double checked to make sure they have the proper number. I am sure my e-mail address is right since the testing lab was able to send the test results back to me with no problem.

I am wondering if this is S.O.P. or if I should look at some kind of end run around someone who may not be happy with the fact that I will be shipping reptiles? What say you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver