Tell me about Egyptian sand boas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2005, 02:38 AM   #1
Bright Scale
Tell me about Egyptian sand boas?

I'm bored late at night, and poking around thinking about what I might buy to live in my ball python's 10-gallon after I move him to bigger housing this summer or thereabouts. These guys (that is, a male as they're smaller) sound like one would do nicely in a 10-gallon, well suited to the temp range the heating pad on it gives, and all that. I'd have to start buying aspen bedding or something, which will cost more than the reptile carpet I use for Rorschach (male ball), but I can live with that.

I can't find much on average temperament, though, which is my main concern. I may get tarantulas someday, which are more "look don't touch" as far as I'm concerned, but with snakes I want to snuggle them and cuddle them and make them my friend. Are they very zoomy, or more likely to relax?

Also, can anyone explain to me how these relate to Kenyan sand boas? Some sites make it sound like the same species, others talk about them like they're definitely their own thing. And I cannot for the life of me find a breeder site that sells them--none of the breeders I've heard good things about and bookmarked the sites of carry them.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
eryx4
egyptian sandboas

hi, try to contact shawn lockhart in iowa city,ia. hawkeyeherps@aol.com he breeds egyptian sandboas. ive met him and he seems very nice. a friend of mine got a few egyptians from him a couple years ago and they were in great shape. take care, scott erycine1@aol.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!